• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Photo Covers...Thoughts?
1 1

47 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, comicginger1789 said:

It’s not a real life photo with character actors?

no-most likely an inked drawing that was then painted digitally.  I have done similar.

7 hours ago, kav said:

no-most likely an inked drawing that was then painted digitally.  I have done similar.

I disagree. It’s from 1983 so they weren’t painting digitally. More likely multiple photos that were combined using the pre-press printing technology of the time.

Edited by iggy

3 minutes ago, iggy said:

I disagree. It’s from 1983 so they weren’t painting digitally. More likely multiple photos that were combined using the pre-press printing technology of the time.

if not digital then hand painted or airbrushed.  digital is common so thats why I thought digital coloring.  but absolutely not a photo.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

if not digital then hand painted or airbrushed.  digital is common so thats why I thought digital coloring.  but absolutely not a photo.

my bad it is indeed a photo cover.  pretty poor specemin IMO tho:

https://thedorkreview.blogspot.com/2012/11/spider-woman-50-photo-cover.html?m=0

4 minutes ago, kav said:

To me it looks like several separately staged photos combined (you can tell the way the light hits the character’s legs etc. differently that they weren’t all in the same shots)... stripped together in production using old school production methods. Hard to tell if any of the characters were illustrated, but it’s possible...