• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Wars - Direct Sales Sticker

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently acquired a nice run of Stars Wars Knights of the Old Republic and Legacy.

I noticed though on both issues of Knights of the Old Republic  #6 that there is a direct sales sticker on the UPC area.

I have noticed a few of these on eBay as well. I'm assuming this something that maybe Diamond did for some reason? Any impact on grade/value if done at the distributor level?

I'm more curious than anything so any information on why some of these books seem to have the sticker would be appreciated. 

20201019_093928.jpg

20201019_093935.jpg

23 hours ago, Wall-Crawler said:

Hello,

I recently acquired a nice run of Stars Wars Knights of the Old Republic and Legacy.

I noticed though on both issues of Knights of the Old Republic  #6 that there is a direct sales sticker on the UPC area.

I have noticed a few of these on eBay as well. I'm assuming this something that maybe Diamond did for some reason? Any impact on grade/value if done at the distributor level?

I'm more curious than anything so any information on why some of these books seem to have the sticker would be appreciated. 

20201019_093928.jpg

20201019_093935.jpg

yeah ive seen a lot of knights of the old republic 6 that has this but not really any other issue

14 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Peel it off and let's see what lies beyond. :D

:jokealert:

But I would be interested if someone with one of these could use a light table or something to determine what is under those stickers. The bar code on the sticker is the same as the production bar code for the direct market printing. If I had to guess, I suspect that they either overprinted or mis-shipped quite a few newsstand covers on this issue. And then either the printer (if the problem was cover quantities) or Diamond (if the problem was mis-shipment) turned them back into direct market copies through the power of stickers. As I recall, there are some Spawn issues that had the same sort of shenanigans occur. Probably lots of others.