• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much would a coverless but otherwise “complete” Action #1 go for?
1 1

42 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

It has been some time since we’ve seen any public sales of Action #1 in any grade. How much would a coverless but otherwise complete copy go for with strong PQ (OW or better), firmly attached at the staples, in a blue Universal CGC holder?

I’m going to say around $110K-$115K.

I don't know but finding a cover for it , if thats what one wanted to do, would be nearly impossible I think. 

But I would say one that you described would be in the 100K ballpark.

https://www.comicsvalue.com/RARE-1938-GOLDEN-AGE-ACTION-COMICS-1-CGC-NG-UNIVERSAL-COVERLESS-1ST-SUPERMAN/254023575760.html

Edited by Professor Chaos

4 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

I don't know but finding a cover for it , if thats what one wanted to do, would be nearly impossible I think. 

But I would say one that you described would be in the 100K ballpark.

https://www.comicsvalue.com/RARE-1938-GOLDEN-AGE-ACTION-COMICS-1-CGC-NG-UNIVERSAL-COVERLESS-1ST-SUPERMAN/254023575760.html

Agreed! 

I wouldn't buy thinking you could realistically find a cover. But it would be really cool to own. 

28 minutes ago, KCOComics said:

Agreed! 

I wouldn't buy thinking you could realistically find a cover. But it would be really cool to own. 

A coverless complete Action 1 and especially unrestored would be such a cool book to own. I mean even that’s not affordable anymore, but that splash page is awesome! 

42 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Wait. It’s 2/3rds of the front cover with no back cover. You must be pricing a full front and back cover, right?

You know honestly, I wouldn’t rule anything out. I’m with Chicago that it’s very possible this 2/3rds only front cover could sell for that much. To people with a coverless complete copy, just missing the centerfold or missing a single wrap that would now have a .5 with this added, lots of incentive. I’d think it’s also possible it sells for as low as somewhere in the $50K-$75K range, but yeah who knows.

Edited by LDarkseid1