• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grade is in -- PGM Avengers 3
2 2

18 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

G/VG condition, almost very good except for the detached CF

Thanks,  Just curious does it matter to grade if that area at the center fold is a tear on page on right  vs CF detached from the staple?   Just asking to learn not questioning your grade.

32 minutes ago, buddy2 said:

Thanks,  Just curious does it matter to grade if that area at the center fold is a tear on page on right  vs CF detached from the staple?   Just asking to learn not questioning your grade.

Kinda but not by much given the grade of this book. If it is a tear and that staple is still holding on, I think 3.5 is the highest you could hope for. The creasing and damage to the top right corner has me worried that a 4.0 would be out of reach. Definitely not higher than that, so I am settling at 3.5

15 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Kinda but not by much given the grade of this book. If it is a tear and that staple is still holding on, I think 3.5 is the highest you could hope for. The creasing and damage to the top right corner has me worried that a 4.0 would be out of reach. Definitely not higher than that, so I am settling at 3.5

Thanks @comicginger1789 I appreciate it.   I am still trying to learn the difference between say a 3.0 and 3.5 thus my question.  I wasn't sure if that tear vs staple pull changed it from a 3.0 to 3.5  or not.  I am trying to guess the grade too when I post and I was above a 3.0 in my guess (just above :smile:)  thus wanted to see if that is where I went astray.   Thanks again, I really appreciate your and everyone's insight on this board.  

2 hours ago, buddy2 said:

Thanks @comicginger1789 I appreciate it.   I am still trying to learn the difference between say a 3.0 and 3.5 thus my question.  I wasn't sure if that tear vs staple pull changed it from a 3.0 to 3.5  or not.  I am trying to guess the grade too when I post and I was above a 3.0 in my guess (just above :smile:)  thus wanted to see if that is where I went astray.   Thanks again, I really appreciate your and everyone's insight on this board.  

IMG_5375.JPG

May not be to CGC standards, but has helped me to grade fairly accurately:) 

Edited by SNiPER