• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to determine which service ?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

How do I know which service to use for my comic. As an example I have silver surfer 1 but not having any idea what it’s condition would be what happens if I think it’s under 1000 and pay at that level but it turns out to be worth more ?

newer then new

ed

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, TheEbner said:

How do I know which service to use for my comic. As an example I have silver surfer 1 but not having any idea what it’s condition would be what happens if I think it’s under 1000 and pay at that level but it turns out to be worth more ?

newer then new

ed

Hi there! The best thing to do is to check sites that have a similar copy of what you have and see what the RAW Fair Market Value is and go from there. It's also important to note that after we receive the book -- if we discover that this book is valued higher than what you originally put, we will increase it to a different tier. We do this so each collectible gets insured for the correct amount. Hope this helps!

50 minutes ago, AshleyHabedank said:

Hi there! The best thing to do is to check sites that have a similar copy of what you have and see what the RAW Fair Market Value is and go from there. It's also important to note that after we receive the book -- if we discover that this book is valued higher than what you originally put, we will increase it to a different tier. We do this so each collectible gets insured for the correct amount. Hope this helps!

Thanks that does help. How do I pay for the different valuation ? Does someone reach out to me to pay the difference ?

Ed

Great info on choosing service.  I had the exact question and that helps.  I have the New LAST RONIN book from TMNT.  It is a comic book and a regular Prestige Format width and size but it is about 1/4 to 1/2" Taller than a regular comic.  Would that be graded as a COMIC book or a MAGAZINE?

Edited by CJsComicsandToys
typo

On 10/30/2020 at 5:32 PM, TheEbner said:

Thanks that does help. How do I pay for the different valuation ? Does someone reach out to me to pay the difference ?

Ed

CGC doesn't charge you until they complete their services on your invoice(s). If they receive a book more valuable than the Tier you submitted under, they upgrade to the higher Tier, and this all happens prior to your charges.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, CJsComicsandToys said:

Great info on choosing service.  I had the exact question and that helps.  I have the New LAST RONIN book from TMNT.  It is a comic book and a regular Prestige Format width and size but it is about 1/4 to 1/2" Taller than a regular comic.  Would that be graded as a COMIC book or a MAGAZINE?

'The Last Ronin' is too large for the comic book holders so it needs to be submitted as a magazine and will go in a magazine holder.