• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Grade my Hulk 181

15 posts in this topic

Thanks arex. Anyone have an apparent grade for this book? I got it about 15 years ago and it appears to be in pretty good shape. I have been thinking of getting it graded to put away for another 15 years. thanks for any opinions. Here is a bigger scan of the cover

926096-hulk181.JPG

926096-hulk181.JPG.7a66fbe5c68b559444934c8c287f9f94.JPG

I have noticed above the O in comics that two small color break lines form and come down midway to the U in Hulk. How much does this affect the grade. I have posted a close up of the section to show the lines. disregard the overall blurriness please.

926112-hulkupclose.JPG

926112-hulkupclose.JPG.2c315cf19935b67f3ac5160515114775.JPG

I have noticed above the O in comics that two small color break lines form and come down midway to the U in Hulk. How much does this affect the grade. I have posted a close up of the section to show the lines. disregard the overall blurriness please.

926112-hulkupclose.JPG

In your opinion, are these creases? Scratches? Very light imperfections that you have no friggin' idea how they got there, but they look like the book may have been manufactured with them? 27_laughing.gifgrin.gif

I'm not sure what caused the lines. I would have said off the bat subscription crease but there is no indentation inside the cover and the two lines are very close and only go to the U in Hulk. I wouldn't say scratch either as they appear to be a little deep. It's a mystery to me how they got there in the first place. Hard to see them in scan but they are there.

upon further review, it appears the lines indent into the book. There isn't any impact marks and they only go midway so if it was a sub crease, it wasn't a full one. I haven't seen any quarter subscription creases. I'm at a loss on what it could be, but you have to tilt the book at a good angle to see them. How bad does a partial sub crease if CGC ends up calling it that affect a grade?