• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman 1 CGC 9.4!!!!
6 6

851 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Just saw a pic on Instagram. Looks beautiful even without the heritage scan bump 

Yeah I mean it really is a gorgeous copy, deserving of it's current grade post upgrade. Seems like bidders agree haha.

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

2 new bidders. This is going to be intense. 

I think the price point now, will most certainly cause a rise of prices in all unrestored grades of this book, and even single pages, its time if you want the book and know somebody who has one to snag it, as HA.Com is going to spread this record price all over the world.

27 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

I think the price point now, will most certainly cause a rise of prices in all unrestored grades of this book, and even single pages, its time if you want the book and know somebody who has one to snag it, as HA.Com is going to spread this record price all over the world.

To say the least, between the Tec 27 and now this, Batman is getting a lot of love lately!

This is the first Joker and the first Catwoman ... in grade. I mean no disrespect, but if this doesn't close in on 5 mil then I would assume a bunch of wussies are bidding. Please forgive my pompousness. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

10 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

This is the first Joker and the first Catwoman ... in grade. I mean no disrespect, but if this doesn't close in on 5 mil then I would assume a bunch of wussies are bidding. Please forgive my pompousness. GOD BLESS ...

Oh wow, I don’t think any book has a shot to come close to 5 mil unless it’s one of the Action 1 9.0’s or the Tec 27 9.2. For this book, 5 mil seems very bullish. To be clear, I would love to see it sell for 5 mil lol, but feels a bit steep.

18 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Amen ...

I have my doubts if we’ll see a 1940 universal 9.4 Bat 1 offered again in our lifetime.

Once this book is gone its most likely seriously gone. Locked away for decades.

Edited by Mr bla bla

4 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

I think the price point now, will most certainly cause a rise of prices in all unrestored grades of this book, and even single pages, its time if you want the book and know somebody who has one to snag it, as HA.Com is going to spread this record price all over the 

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Why is this book not graded higher is my question   What do the notes say ?  It’s way prettier than the All-Star 8 9.4 and the sensation 1 9.6. 

All I can say is that if you are questioning why it is not graded higher when it's already sitting in a CGC 9.4, I can only imagine how you must have felt when it was sitting in a CGC 9.0 holder.  hm  O.o

16 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

We have a bump, I repeat, we have a bump. Now 1.95 mil. Oh soo close to breaking 2 mil!!!

Since you seem to be so excited about all of the action here, are you going to wait until the end tomorrow to place your winning bid in there?  :takeit: :baiting:   

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

Since you seem to be so excited about all of the action here, are you going to wait until the end tomorrow to place your winning bid in there?  :takeit: :baiting:   

Yeah but only because I’m buying it for you. Early Valentine’s Day gift Lou 😘😉😂

2 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

I mean no disrespect, but if this doesn't close in on 5 mil then I would assume a bunch of wussies are bidding.

I would be absolutely surprised if it even gets close to the $3M figure, let alone the $5M figure that you are thinking about.  :whatthe:

To tell you the honest truth, even a price point of $2.5M would be nice to see, but probably a bit of a stretch considering its prior grade.  (shrug)

I guess we have only one more sleep to find out.  zzz  :taptaptap:

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

All I can say is that if you are questioning why it is not graded higher when it's already sitting in a CGC 9.4, I can only imagine how you must have felt when it was sitting in a CGC 9.0 holder.  hm  O.o

I’m asking to see what people see from the scans and or know from reading the graded notes. I can’t see any defects from quick glances. 

I think a few people are going to bid 2 million. And one or two people are going to figure that so they are going to bid 2.1 or 2.2. Then another one is going to figure that and bid 2.3. And the guy after that is going to get it. 2.4 gets this.

Edited by Professor Chaos