• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Previews #95 vs Captain Marvel 17 2nd print vs Malibu Sun 13

3 posts in this topic

Dudes, I am crossed and confused.  I am sorry to beat a dead horse but WTF.  Is the community now setting a precedence that a cover appearance is "now" the new 1st appearance?  I do not get it.  Before a elbow, shadow, silhouette, a foot, half a face was a cameo and usually the next book would be the 1st full appearance.  Am I missing something?  

15 hours ago, carter3175 said:

Dudes, I am crossed and confused.  I am sorry to beat a dead horse but WTF.  Is the community now setting a precedence that a cover appearance is "now" the new 1st appearance?  I do not get it.  Before a elbow, shadow, silhouette, a foot, half a face was a cameo and usually the next book would be the 1st full appearance.  Am I missing something?  

Don't confuse "more valuable" with "1st appearance".

Hard to find advertisements like Malibu Sun #13 aren't "1st appearances", but they're more valuable because the true first appearance (Spawn #1) is so common.

The 1st appearance is still a comic book with a story, not a preview in an advertisement book/page. 

More valuable will be whichever one has the demand greater than the supply.

Edited by valiantman