• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My comic collecting evolution
1 1

12 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

TBH I was not expecting this...

"Selling all floppies and reading omnis" should've been at the bottom IMO.

Omnibuses are what drove me to raws because I wanted to feel individual issues in my hand again.  But yours may be the final evolution and I just haven't attained it yet.

9 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

Omnibuses are what drove me to raws because I wanted to feel individual issues in my hand again.  But yours may be the final evolution and I just haven't attained it yet.

I haven't even reached my final form, yet, which would be reading an AF15 on the toilet.

Digital reading on a tablet, or going back through my collected editions.

Pre-Covid, for almost five years now.

Edited by Ken Aldred

5 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I haven't even reached my final form, yet, which would be reading an AF15 on the toilet.

Interesting advantage of the physical format that’s been highlighted here in this thread.  

Suppose you’re stuck in the ‘executive washroom’ reading a digital copy of the classic first Spider-Man story on a tablet, then this, unfortunately, has a significant shortcoming; you can swipe but not really wipe.

Maybe the struggling DC could develop that concept into a rhyming marketing campaign to get readers to switch back to buying paper comics again, turn back the tide.

Edited by Ken Aldred

30 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Interesting advantage of the physical format that’s been highlighted here in this thread.  

Suppose you’re stuck in the ‘executive washroom’ reading a digital copy of the classic first Spider-Man story on a tablet, then this, unfortunately, has a significant shortcoming; you can swipe but not really wipe.

Maybe the struggling DC could develop that concept into a rhyming marketing campaign to get readers to switch back to buying paper comics again, turn back the tide.

Make the switch to TP quality newsprint? hm

5 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

2 years after getting into collecting original comic art......

I briefly considered that.  Way out of my league.  One time there was some random McFarlane page up and I was like 'hey I wouldn't mind that.'  Logged in to see the price and:

joaquin-phoenix-shock-signs.gif.76ecca9cfa18bfbb7aa8aed204d73acd.gif