• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Letitia Wright backlash Shuri recast
2 2

87 posts in this topic

So all hell is breaking loose over her statements, I’m not here to get political or to agree or disagree, all I’m gonna say is, I’m glad I didn’t drop hundreds on her first appearance. 😂😂

CBA1C283-89F8-46F5-9788-0D2F6669EDA7.jpeg

Edited by Nazirite

I don’t see any harm in this tweet. Of course we should know what’s in the vaccine. I don’t blindly put things in my body. As for the trans stuff, I couldn’t find anything she posted about that. Or the video she shared. Can anyone elaborate?

6CC2BF32-B1F5-4F5D-82D0-34B3686EAF9A.jpeg

48 minutes ago, D84 said:

She was my favorite part of Black Panther. They recast, I'm out.

I don't care about an entertainers personal opinions, only what they do onscreen.

A few of my favorite actors are ones I would prefer never to meet. Can’t stand their offscreen personalities but I’ll watch them in their craft all day.

Just now, Grails said:

A few of my favorite actors are ones I would prefer never to meet. Can’t stand their offscreen personalities but I’ll watch them in their craft all day.

I work briefly in that business and after meeting a couple, I soon realized that if I can't watch their work if I didn't like them personally, I'd not watch anything.

1 hour ago, D84 said:

She was my favorite part of Black Panther. They recast, I'm out.

Yeah. I found the female leads to be much more interesting than any of the male characters. Killmonger sucked IMHO - basically cardboard cutout angry villain stereotype that had no depth. BP was the same as well - I could not have cared if either male lead won or lost in the movie. 

Edited by kimik

45 minutes ago, Grails said:

Could not agree with this more...  (Actually, there are very few personalities from Hollywood I would ever care to meet.)

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I hope not, otherwise they may as well resurrect everyone who has died.

Didn't the last MCU film (Avengers Endgame) do exactly that?  Not trying to be argumentative just it seems they play pretty fast and loose with the living and dying.

Something tells me that this thread may not end well.  I might tag @Bosco685 and share a bag of popcorn as we sit back and watch.  Doesn't seem to be much on TV or at the movies these days... so this could be entertaining. 

3 hours ago, ender said:

Didn't the last MCU film (Avengers Endgame) do exactly that?  Not trying to be argumentative just it seems they play pretty fast and loose with the living and dying.

Wasn't it only the people who were 'snapped' away that came back?   Kilmonger wouldn't qualify under that scenario.

49 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Something tells me that this thread may not end well.  I might tag @Bosco685 and share a bag of popcorn as we sit back and watch.  Doesn't seem to be much on TV or at the movies these days... so this could be entertaining. 

I saw this originally come up on social media and the blowup from it. So when I saw this thread, i knew to just hang back. :popcorn:

On 12/4/2020 at 7:51 AM, Nazirite said:

So all hell is breaking loose over her statements, I’m not here to get political or to agree or disagree, all I’m gonna say is, I’m glad I didn’t drop hundreds on her first appearance. 😂😂

CBA1C283-89F8-46F5-9788-0D2F6669EDA7.jpeg

She has every right to make any opinion she wants. Whether it will be well received or not is a whole other question. But it is accurate in saying if you do not conform to popular opinion or the current snowflake status quo ante of mainstream sidebag wearing modern society then you are going to be ostracized.

The saying "If you can't beat 'em you might as well join 'em" doesn't apply, the new saying is "You can't beat us, so submit to us"

Edited by BaronSamedi

2 hours ago, BaronSamedi said:

She has every right to make any opinion she wants. Whether it will be well received or not is a whole other question. But it is accurate in saying if you do not conform to popular opinion or the current snowflake status quo ante of mainstream sidebag wearing modern society then you are going to be ostracized.

The saying "If you can't beat 'em you might as well join 'em" doesn't apply, the new saying is "You can't beat us, so submit to us"

Yeah I could careless either way. I was just joking about the fact that her character might be written out of BP2 , if the movie will happen at all. And that all those people who rushed  to buy her first appearance might be out luck when the price drops. I’m not influenced by the opinions of celebrities, left or right, especially not from America.  

On 12/4/2020 at 5:13 PM, D84 said:

They recast, I'm out.

No you are not. You are posting on a Black Panther 2 topic. If they recast Shuri then maybe you will skip the opening and that will only happen if the reviews are just okay not great :D
I promise I will skip Black Panther 2 if they cast R.Kelly or/and Bill Cosby to Shuri's entourage even if the whole world would say this is the greatest movie ever.

Edited by godzilla43