• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buzzetta's FOURTH Guess The Grade Contest - Ends 2020-12-12 at 12 Midnight EST
7 7

196 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cocomonkey said:

Let me throw in my (likely horrible) guesses, after checking to make sure they haven't already been submitted...

Book 1 - 8.0
Book 2 - 3.0
Book 3 - 4.0
Book 4 - 6.5
Book 5 - 5.0
Book 6 - 7.5
Book 7 - 3.5

You don’t have to be right... you just have to be not as wrong as everyone else... 

Edited by Buzzetta

6 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

image.png.d3953ffc87b3b4e11be950a65e3648f8.png

a question, please (for a grading comics scoring learning experience);

i understand the "total all" column is the left to right total of each participant, and i understand (i think) adding all the individual totals from top to bottom yields an unstated average. i say unstated because i don't see that total anywhere. i also understand how the average guess per comic is arrived from.

what i don't understand is what is the significance and what part does the average play, if any, and what part does the unstated total play, if any, toward determining a winner? 

18 minutes ago, wilbil said:

i understand the "total all" column is the left to right total of each participant, and i understand (i think) adding all the individual totals from top to bottom yields an unstated average. i say unstated because i don't see that total anywhere. i also understand how the average guess per comic is arrived from.

what i don't understand is what is the significance and what part does the average play, if any, and what part does the unstated total play, if any, toward determining a winner? 

People like statistics.  Check this out.

42 minutes ago, wilbil said:

It has nothing to do with winning short of letting others evaluate all the guesses in a consolidated place. nothing more. 

17 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

It has nothing to do with winning short of letting others evaluate all the guesses in a consolidated place. nothing more. 

i appreciate the answer. i was not sure if it was an evaluation tool for determining the winner or not. 

it is more of a "what did so and so guess compared to me" thing.

thanks

39 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

18 minutes ago, wilbil said:

i appreciate the answer. i was not sure if it was an evaluation tool for determining the winner or not. 

thanks

Dude explained what he is doing well.   He is just tallying and recording the information so others may see how everyone has guessed.

All will be revealed this weekend. 

1 hour ago, wilbil said:

thanks

It us set up to enter the final grades and provide scores for players. until those are known, what are you expecting to see? I honestly don't get your point. You act like this is completely a foreign concept

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Dude explained what he is doing well.   He is just tallying and recording the information so others may see how everyone has guessed.

All will be revealed this weekend. 

i am following and interested.

i am especially interested in seeing results of grading from photos.

thank you.

Just now, 01TheDude said:

It us set up to enter the final grades and provide scores for players. until those are known, what are you expecting to see? I honestly don't get your point. You act like this is completely a foreign concept

it is a bit of a foreign concept, to me. i don't and have never graded from photos. it is not meant to offend. i was not expecting to see anything. i am interested in learning, for the sake of learning, how people grade from photos. i wanted to make certain i was understanding the evaluation aspect correctly.