• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Massive Postal Delays
7 7

360 posts in this topic

Hasn't moved since the day I bought it.

High shipping volumes are causing some delays. Please allow extra time.
inTransitException.png
Shipped
Step 1 - Completed - Shipped Thu, Dec 10Thu, Dec 10
In transit
Step 2 - Exception - In transit
Out for delivery
Step 3 - Upcoming - Out for delivery
Estimated delivery
Step 4 - Upcoming - Estimated delivery Mon, Dec 14Mon, Dec 14
Tracking details
USPS tracking #9416408205496999196461
  • Dec 10, 2020
  • 7:39pm
  • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
  • WEST FARGO, ND 58078
  • Dec 10, 2020
  • 7:38pm
  • PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
  • WEST FARGO, ND 58078
  • Dec 10, 2020
  • 3:22pm
  • USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
  • JAMESTOWN, ND 58401
  • Dec 10, 2020
  • 11:09am
  • PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
  • JAMESTOWN, ND 58401

A package from CGC, a single ME, is today out for delivery by USPS. It is on time as CGC packages always reach me in ten calendar days from the day that CGC mails them. In this instant, CGC mailed the package on December 14.

3 hours ago, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

A package from CGC, a single ME, is today out for delivery by USPS. It is on time as CGC packages always reach me in ten calendar days from the day that CGC mails them. In this instant, CGC mailed the package on December 14.

Delivered.

I'm reading this, and so far only 4 out of 13 packages I've mailed during the first half of December have been delivered.

I dropped off 5 pre paid packages on a Sunday 2 1/2 weeks ago, and the tracking says that they're awaiting receipt of the package (who would ever pay/print out labels and then sit on them for that long).  I went into the USPS site, clicked on the Help tab, then Find Missing Mail, and then clicked on Option 2: Complete a Help Request form.  I got a generic reply within a couple of days that they couldn't do anything since since they're awaiting tracking, and closed the case; I then got a message a day or so later asking for feedback.  The best thing about what I did is that the tracking shows the package as being accepted (did this for all 5), and hence I'm not in violation of the Top Rated eBay seller thresholds.  The packages are still stuck in limbo. 

I'm thinking it's a LIFO (Last in first out) situation, as my early December packages are at the bottom of piles in these distribution centers (one clerk from an amazingly high customer rating says that she's herd they're loaded up to the ceiling with packages.

Its everywhere currently I have one package I mailed out Dec 8th that has still not left my city yet. Several that were mailed over a week ago that still sit at my local USPS. My brother who works for USPS told me its staggering the volume of mail currently never seen anything like it in his career.

On 12/22/2020 at 11:14 AM, 01TheDude said:

I had some customer on Amazon who tried asking for a refund for an October 1993 (Seinfeld cover) of Playboy. Tracking shows it mailed September 4th and delivered on September 10th.

A little research showed me this guy was WAAAAY out of time (at 100 days past DELIVERY even versus 31 days Amazon requires) to request this and the advice was to simply click on "response not needed" and ignore it.

My guess is that they think this might work (refund) if they just ask for it. Nope-- go fish buster. Or maybe they have my item confused for another. Either way-- I'm not responding and giving them an method to dispute something 3.5 months after the fact.

Well that was fast--- all I did was mark it as no response needed.

Amazon sent me an email today informing me that they gave the guy his entire cost back as part of their "A to Z" delivery policy. I guess they don't care that this person fleeced them 3 months after the fact. Not that they are hurting for money I suppose but it sort of sucks that someone is getting away with mail fraud.

On a good note--- all my other Ebay packages (from Dec 10-11) have been delivered and the one other amazon I sent out on the 15th is stuck in Los Angeles - though that one was a media mail gamble that has plenty of time to still make it within the stated delivery time.

So glad I put the Amazon account on vacation and the Ebay in time away mode. Who needs the stress?

Edited by 01TheDude

I printed a label for a USPS Priority International label this morning to drop off at the USPS tomorrow, December 26. Estimated delivery date to Scarborough, Ontario is February 8.

According to Google Maps, walking time to that address from my house is 152 hours. If I left tomorrow and walked six hours a day - not unrealistic - and assuming I could cross the border with my passport, I could drop that package off on or about January 21. I could - literally - walk this package there faster than it will take the USPS/Canada Post to deliver it.

Screen Shot 2020-12-25 at 5.42.37 PM.png

On 12/21/2020 at 11:44 AM, Pat Thomas said:

You are correct. Of course, that pretty much defeats the purpose of pre-printing my labels for convenient drop-off at USPS without standing in line, or leaving at UPS Store for pickup. Worked just fine for me for years, and then it didn't. Why offer the "conveniences" if their employees can't be depended upon to do their part?

I wait for the scan every time for this reason.

The benefits of pre-printing are the PayPal and eBay discounts when selling and the expediency, as well as the possibility of the postal clerk making an error when punching in a zip code to calculate postage. 

However, I wait for the scan no matter what.  I cannot control what happens after that but at least I know the USPS bears some responsibility once it is accepted in their system. 

Edited by Buzzetta
I type faster than my brain "werks"

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I wait for the scan every time for this reason.

The benefits of pre-printing are the PayPal and eBay discounts when selling and the expediency of having the postal clerk may an error when punching in a zip code to calculate postage. 

However, I wait for the scan no matter what.  I cannot control what happens after that but at least I know the USPS bears some responsibility once it is accepted in their system. 

Possibly the first time Buzzetta and I have ever agreed.  On anything.  Cept maybe our love for Kav.

Just now, Poekaymon said:

Possibly the first time Buzzetta and I have ever agreed.  On anything.  Cept maybe our love for Kav.

We have agreed on quite a bit actually.   Also on the stuff we disagree with does not make me consider you a lunatic or a pain in the rear.