• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2021 at 7:50 AM, Angel of Death said:

The $$$$$ doesn't matter, though. From everything I have heard and read, WW84 does suck. I'll watch it after I get HBO Max when JL comes out, but my expectations are very low. I'm expecting Suicide Squad level of badness.

We watched it as a family and it was fine. My wife liked all the 80s stuff, the fashion, the references, etc. A little bit of a nostalgia walk for those of us who are almost 50. But yeah, there were some plot holes that were ginormous and whatever. If you tell yourself "hey, at least I didn't spend $100 on tickets and movie theatre snacks to see this" then it is all good.

2 hours ago, the blob said:

Understanding that audiences have short memories and perhapos it is a niche market, but Darkseid has been pretty well fleshed out visually in a dozen or so (it seems) full length DC animated movies over the years, cartoon shows, etc. (I won't count smallville because they didn't show his real form, i think)

I believe that was the original intent of the longer history scene, introducing the audience to Darkseid and his minions so it is clear what the true threats is behind Steppenwolf.

Ray Fisher fully intends to promote Zack Snyder's Justice League despite his ongoing dispute with Warner Bros. Fisher is the DCEU's Victor Stone, aka Cyborg, having first stepped into the role for a cameo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Last summer, following the announcement that the famed Snyder Cut will be released on HBO Max, Fisher accused reshoots director Joss Whedon of unprofessional and abusive behavior on the Justice League set. That only proved to be the tip of the iceberg, as Fisher has since included several DC Films execs and producers in his accusations of poor treatment.

Fisher's current split from the DCEU won't stop him from supporting Snyder, however. On social media (via BeenTryin on Reddit), Fisher confirmed he intends to promote the upcoming Snyder Cut of Justice League, saying, "There's no way you can stop me from doing press for Zack Snyder's Justice League. There's no way." Without mentioning Warner Bros. by name, his insistence that people can't stop him seemed to relate to his ongoing fight with the studio. As for when promotion for Justice League will begin, Fisher had this to say:

"What that all looks like, as far as the logistics and how those things get handled, I don't know that just yet. But I expect that there will be some significant promotion in some way. I can't imagine a movie that has been as highly-anticipated as this, not going whatever distance they can to promote. Unless there's something else going on behind the scenes."

On 1/19/2021 at 6:50 AM, Angel of Death said:

The $$$$$ doesn't matter, though. From everything I have heard and read, WW84 does suck. I'll watch it after I get HBO Max when JL comes out, but my expectations are very low. I'm expecting Suicide Squad level of badness.

it's better than TLJ, but that's not saying a lot :whistle: 

13 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

That's really the lowest bar that you can set. lol

I'll still watch it eventually, 'cause y'know, Gal Gadot. :x

I'm surprised they haven't made that my custom title, because I loathe TLJ lol it takes me to my dark side

CinemaBlend writer Sean O'Connell has penned a book chronicling the entire Snyder Cut saga, titled Release the Snyder Cut. In it, O'Connell spoke to Snyder about his real reasons for departing Justice League. The previously given explanation was the death of his daughter led to his exit, but now Snyder has opened up more about what caused him to step away. Snyder said:

"I just was kind of done with it. I was in this place of [knowing] my family needs me more than this :censored: , and I just need to honor them and do the best I can to heal that world. I had no energy to fight [the studio], and fight for [the movie]. Literally, zero energy for that. I really think that’s the main thing. I think there’s a different world where I stayed and kind of tried. And I’m sure I could have . . . because every movie is a fight, right? I was used to that. But I just did not have the [energy]. There was no fight in me. I had been beaten by what was going on in my life and I just didn’t want to, I didn’t care to . . . that was kind of where I was."

In the years since Zack Snyder left the production of Justice League before filming had been completed, the film's stars have shown their devotion to the filmmaker and his vision for the adventure, with Joker actor Jared Leto recently noting that this commitment goes both ways, as Snyder is just as committed to his performers as they are to him. Confirming just how passionate the filmmaker is about his cast, he was seemingly able to get Leto to reprise his role of the Joker, previously only seen in David Ayer's Suicide Squad, for the new sequences Snyder is filming for the HBO Max release of Justice League.

"I love Zack Snyder and, from the early days and onward, he's a maverick, ruthlessly committed to his actors and his vision," Leto shared with Deadline. "I'm excited to see where he takes this. I really just think so highly of him and it's a whirlwind being part of these things. First of all, you're lucky to ever step into these shoes, or suits, or spandex, or whatever it is that you have. It's really fun to reinvent and explore, that's a really fun challenge that I like a lot."

Even the press release is so much better than any marketing WB Studios put out to support the film.

WarnerMedia: ZACK SNYDER'S JUSTICE LEAGUE to Premiere March 18 on HBO Max

HBO Max announced today that the Warner Bros. Pictures and DC full-length Max Original feature film ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE will premiere on the platform on THURSDAY, MARCH 18. The announcement came with the debut of three new teaser posters.

The release of ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE will be supported across WarnerMedia and DC platforms, including a soundtrack release on WaterTower Music, a curated collection from Warner Bros. Consumer Products available exclusively at DC Shop at https://shop.dccomics.com/, and a first-of-its-kind, immersive, at-home dining experience in the US and UK with Wonderland at Home (Wonderlandathome.com).

The company also announced the first wave of International launches for ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE. Concurrent with the premiere on HBO Max in the U.S., the DC film will be available exclusively on HBO services in Europe across the Nordics*, Central Europe**, Spain, and Portugal as well as on the HBO GO service in Asia***. In Latin America the title will premiere exclusively on HBO Max when the service launches in the region later this year. Details on additional international release dates and plans will be announced as soon as they are available.

* HBO territories in the Nordic region – Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland

**HBO territories in Central Europe – Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Poland, Montenegro and Croatia

***HBO GO territories in Asia – Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taiwan

In ZACK SNYDER’S JUSTICE LEAGUE, determined to ensure Superman’s (Henry Cavill) ultimate sacrifice was not in vain, Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) aligns forces with Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) with plans to recruit a team of metahumans to protect the world from an approaching threat of catastrophic proportions. The task proves more difficult than Bruce imagined, as each of the recruits must face the demons of their own pasts to transcend that which has held them back, allowing them to come together, finally forming an unprecedented league of heroes. Now united, Batman (Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gadot), Aquaman (Jason Momoa), Cyborg (Ray Fisher) and The Flash (Ezra Miller) may be too late to save the planet from Steppenwolf, DeSaad and Darkseid and their dreadful intentions.

Rumours suggest that the trailer is coming on Valentines day....

Love those 3 posters, will hopefully intrigue those who don't even know much about what the Snyder cut is. Instead of putting out a variation of the standard group shot (which would maybe just pass over a lot of people's heads as being a re-release of some sort) they've gone straight to the point with the new reel haha.