• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE on HBO Max (3/18/21)
4 4

2,339 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Oddball said:

There is an excellent 3.5 hour movie in there after we axe the Epilogue and a few other select scenes. I’m looking at you creepy shirt sniffer.

Although they worshipped him as a god, that was weird. Like stalker weird

Just watched it. It was really really good. And filled in so many of the head scratching moments from the Whedon version.

here is what I need help with:

Spoiler

How did Darkseid not know the anti life equation was on earth? When he got off his ship, the weird lines were there, just like they were when they were shown to Steppenwolf by the Mother Boxes. Are we supposed to think that Zeus and Ares beat him so soundly that he had a cosmic concussion and some kind of memory loss.

That was my only problem other than the shirt sniffer, which I see was just as problematic for others as it was for me.

On 3/27/2021 at 7:24 PM, thunsicker said:

This exactly.  I'm really glad this movie struck a cord for so many, but it wasn't my cup of tea.  It was miles better than the Joss Whedon version, but that's not saying much.  I think there may be a very good 2 hour movie in there, but the 4 hours were more than I needed.

Do you work for Warner Brothers...?

6 hours ago, seanfingh said:
  Hide contents

How did Darkseid not know the anti life equation was on earth? When he got off his ship, the weird lines were there, just like they were when they were shown to Steppenwolf by the Mother Boxes. Are we supposed to think that Zeus and Ares beat him so soundly that he had a cosmic concussion and some kind of memory loss.

There are a couple of things at play:

1. I don't that that Darkseid didn't know, or that he forgot. We're not sure how early in Darkseid's journey The Defiance was. It seems to be a piece of ancient history to Apokolips.
  2. It also seems that the only way Darkseid can traverse the multiverse to old planets is by the Mother Boxes. Otherwise, they have to "use the old ways", and I'm not sure how one can map and navigate a multiverse.
Edited by Angel of Death

Zack Snyder provided some additional details a few days ago about how Darkseid forgot about Earth.

Zack Snyder Reveals Why Darkseid Forgot Where The Anti-Life Equation Was

Zack Snyder explained why Darkseid forgets the location of the Anti-Life equation in response to a fan's question on Vero (via Twitter user @KnightFleck). According to Snyder, it's the injuries Darkseid sustains from battling with Earth's defenders that cause him to forget. You can see his full comment, below:

"He almost died when he returned to apocalypse [sic]. He was in a fight for power and much time passed before he was in a position of power again, and by then all who had been with him had been slayed."

darseid_earth1.jpg.5eefe6b9d9e3e03523361239cb0e4e98.jpg

darseid_earth2.jpg.1c3a2f7cff5fe482c8c7bf1e192bee53.jpg

Some might say that the one planet that defeated Darkseid might stay with him for all eternity, or wouldn’t his ship have had some sort of tracking device that could take him back to Earth. Still this explanation from Snyder makes sense. Darkseid loses this most ferocious battle and is mercilessly wounded by old gods like Ares. And if none of Darkseid's allies are alive to help track down the Anti-Life equation once again, it could be a bit of a struggle. As Snyder says, his most pressing issue when he returns to Apokolips is not heading straight back to Earth, but dealing with a power struggle on his own planet. A lot of time had passed and a lot of other planets were conquered before Darkseid is in a “position of power” again.

This must be the time when Steppenwolf betrayed him as well. Which is probably what Justice League 2 would delve into the history of the Anti-Life Equation. Like who is it that etched this into the Earth for hiding.

Edited by Bosco685

1 minute ago, Angel of Death said:

#RestoreTheSnyderverse broke records recently, being mentioned 1.5 million times in 24 hours. That's more than both #AvengersEndgame and #ReleaseTheSnyderCut.

You're confused. No new interest in any of this. I bet a few had photos taken in front of DC posters anyway.

(: :baiting:

AT&T Inc.’s HBO Max had the biggest increase in video streaming last week, as viewers flocked to its recut version of the superhero epic “Justice League.”

The WarnerMedia streaming platform recorded a 8.9% jump in users launching its mobile app, according to Bloomberg’s analysis of Apptopia data. Sports streaming service DAZN had the biggest decline in streaming among top U.S. providers.

Director Zack Snyder crafted a reimagined, four-hour version of “Justice League,” whose original 2017 cut, completed by a different director, disappointed some fans. The Snyder cut premiered March 18 on HBO Max.

For the week ended March 28, downloads of the HBO Max app rose 64% for the top increase. DAZN app downloads showed the biggest decline.

ZSJL_enrollment.PNG.a037be50a33fcbf3277e5a763584bf7a.PNG

Apptopia defines a session as a launch of a mobile app.

NOTE: Apptopia estimates mobile-app performance metrics such as downloads, in-app purchase revenue and daily active users by combining their data from more than 125,000 connected developer accounts, used as a learning set, with publicly available information. Apptopia says it doesn’t collect or have access to personally identifiable information.

16 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Zack Snyder provided some additional details a few days ago about how Darkseid forgot about Earth.

Zack Snyder Reveals Why Darkseid Forgot Where The Anti-Life Equation Was

This must be the time when Steppenwolf betrayed him as well. Which is probably what Justice League 2 would delve into the history of the Anti-Life Equation. Like who is it that etched this into the Earth for hiding.

I can just imagine Snyder doing a prequel called Apokolips, portraying Darkseid's view of events that unfolded in that original battle.