• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Link Charging Tax on Shipping

10 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, ttecwaf said:

Checking out  a ComicLink win.  Noticed being charged tax on shipping.  Ebay does not charge tax of shipping.  We have to pay tax on the comic but charging tax on shipping is ridiculous.  Shipping should not be taxed!

Well, eBay doesn’t charge tax but they have taken a 10% final value fee off shipping forever. So they’ve basically always taken taxes on shipping.

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Well, eBay doesn’t charge tax but they have taken a 10% final value fee off shipping forever. So they’ve basically always taken taxes on shipping.

eBay charges tax in Nevada. And yes, charging tax on shipping is not right. 

6 minutes ago, Inaflash said:

eBay charges tax in Nevada. And yes, charging tax on shipping is not right. 

No I don’t disagree, just saying they do charge something on shipping. And actually they charge tax pretty much everywhere except for a few states due to the Wayfair Act, if that’s what you’re referencing with Nevada.

2 hours ago, ttecwaf said:

Checking out  a ComicLink win.  Noticed being charged tax on shipping.  Ebay does not charge tax of shipping.  We have to pay tax on the comic but charging tax on shipping is ridiculous.  Shipping should not be taxed!

Could you show an example? Because I just did a mock purchase for something on c-link and they didn’t charge me sales tax on the shipping. Would need to see proof of what you’re saying to confirm.

7 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah I think its been about 10 years now. I remember the days when you could buy something for 99 cents and pay 14 dollars for shipping. Those were the days.

Sales tax I'm against it. I think of all that sales tax money being taken in every state on every thing purchased every second of every minute of every day , and I can't help but wonder where does it all go. So I guess this thread will be closed soon. Glad I got that off my chest first. 

21 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Yeah I think its been about 10 years now. I remember the days when you could buy something for 99 cents and pay 14 dollars for shipping. Those were the days.

Sales tax I'm against it. I think of all that sales tax money being taken in every state on every thing purchased every second of every minute of every day , and I can't help but wonder where does it all go. So I guess this thread will be closed soon. Glad I got that off my chest first. 

I agree it’s good question, where is the sales tax going that the states have been taking in since the Wayfair Act passed. I hate when you have no transparency whatsoever on stuff like this!

In response to LDarseid1: example if you win an item or items on comiclink  for $1000 your invoice will be $1000 plus tax for your jurisdiction.  Let say your tax is 5%.  Your total (if paying by check or money order to avoid the credit card fee) would be $1050 ($1000 for the comic and $50 for the tax).  Shipping is $25.  The total should be $1075 ($1000 comic, $50 tax, $25 shipping).  Comiclink is charging tax on the shipping fee adding another $1.25.  Small number on a $1000 purchase but after tax and shipping you are already paying a 7.5% additional fee (or more in states with a higher tax rate).  Bottom line is comiclink should not be charging tax on shipping.  

11 hours ago, ttecwaf said:

In response to LDarseid1: example if you win an item or items on comiclink  for $1000 your invoice will be $1000 plus tax for your jurisdiction.  Let say your tax is 5%.  Your total (if paying by check or money order to avoid the credit card fee) would be $1050 ($1000 for the comic and $50 for the tax).  Shipping is $25.  The total should be $1075 ($1000 comic, $50 tax, $25 shipping).  Comiclink is charging tax on the shipping fee adding another $1.25.  Small number on a $1000 purchase but after tax and shipping you are already paying a 7.5% additional fee (or more in states with a higher tax rate).  Bottom line is comiclink should not be charging tax on shipping.  

Holy hell I wish my tax was 5% :|.