• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst / most unnecessary comic book team up

25 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2022 at 10:27 AM, MattTheDuck said:

I always found the "team-up" between the Thing and Man-Thing in Marvel Two-In-One #1 (or Marvel Two-On-One for the purists out there) weird.  They can't even communicate, and it's basically an accident they team up.

2-in-1 - 1.jpg

Absolutely ANY Man-Thing team-up is ridiculous. I love them all:

Uhh, yeah.  Apparently the first series of Transformers/My Little Pony did so well, IDW made a second series.  I had to google it also.  Apparently the Editor-in-chief and the writer had fun with it.   Good for them.  Maybe a movie will be next.  :idea:

If they're not taking it seriously, some of the unnecessary crossovers are pretty fun reads. Archie vs. Sharknado was great.

Actually bad ones though... the Eminem/Punisher thing was just kinda weirdly unoriginal. Reads like weird power fantasy fanfic, and it still makes me shake my head that it was able to happen at all. Just a kind of crappy pay-to-be-involved comic that pales in comparison to good musician tie ins, like Kiss, GWAR, and Toe Tag Riot. And maybe this is a hot take, but Doomsday Clock was also just a slog to read. Every character was a shadow of their original selves in personality, and neither universe was more fulfilled for their collision. Despite how gritty and serious both DC and Vertigo could get, Watchmen just did not have related history, messages, or intentions to the rest of DC.