• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Submission Status - Week ending 12/11
2 2

596 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Yoshizard64 said:

50 card bulk

Received: 12/7/20

Grading / Quality Control: 3/17/21

Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: 3/22/21

Finally got them back in my hands today with next day shipping.

Damn this is pretty sad to see happen while I have an Economy submission with 9 freaking cards received 12/9 that is still sitting in received. 

5 hours ago, RRockstaRR said:

Economy + Sub (15) Cards 

Received 01/29/2021

Economy (20) Cards 

Received 02/10/2021

Did I beat the updated turnaround? My first submission I remember it was 30 day + 5 days for sub but I remember my second submission it was a 45 day turnaround. 

I don't think you can 'beat' the updated TATs. I have an economy no subgrade submission received 12/8 that is still 'received'. 

I thought when they first adjusted their TATs they had claimed that submissions received before the updated TATs would still honor the TATs as of the date you submitted, but that hasn't been the case. 

1 hour ago, Yoshizard64 said:

50 card bulk

Received: 12/7/20

Grading / Quality Control: 3/17/21

Finalized / Imaged / Shipped: 3/22/21

Finally got them back in my hands today with next day shipping.

1 hour ago, DonLaGreca said:

Damn this is pretty sad to see happen while I have an Economy submission with 9 freaking cards received 12/9 that is still sitting in received. 

yeah wait, what the heck. I have an economy received 12/8 still on received. how is bulk from 12/7 being processed 1+ week before economy?

I've been trying to be patient and not be irrational like some folks on this sub, but this is really frustrating. 

Just now, Christopher M said:

yeah wait, what the heck. I have an economy received 12/8 still on received. how is bulk from 12/7 being processed 1+ week before economy?

I've been trying to be patient and not be irrational like some folks on this sub, but this is really frustrating. 

I see the longer wait times as a positive. The high demand for CGC grading will most definitely make them increase their prices again and all the submissions you already have in will gain a little equity. They put quality before speed of service and that's a good call on their part. My sub was received on 02/10, I have another 97 card sub that I mailed in last week, and I have another sub that will probably go out in a few weeks. 

1 minute ago, Lyle Freeland said:

I see the longer wait times as a positive. The high demand for CGC grading will most definitely make them increase their prices again and all the submissions you already have in will gain a little equity. They put quality before speed of service and that's a good call on their part. My sub was received on 02/10, I have another 97 card sub that I mailed in last week, and I have another sub that will probably go out in a few weeks. 

yeah demand is good. I'm bullish overall on CGC, I am just questioning the logic on how they handled this specific issue. 

Specifically, the fact that they charged me the full cost for grading with an estimated TAT of x in early December, and now that time has essentially 3x'd. I realize the TATs are 'estimates' and not a formal contract, but in my opinion it is a bad business practice to not do everything possible to come within a reasonable window of the TATs for orders that have already paid months ago.

I realize now they changed their policy to only charge once grading starts, which is good, but they should prioritize those that have already paid. Now that they changed the policy, TATs being a moving target is much more reasonable. You may have to wait longer, but you only pay when the grading happens. 

I understand prioritizing higher tiers, but in my opinion it's bad business to de-prioritize the lower tiers that have already paid in full, so much so that your estimated times you advertised at the time you charged the customer, are off by 200+%. 

On 3/11/2021 at 7:33 AM, watcher0691 said:

Bulk order. No Subs

Received 1/12/21.  Status: Received.

3/11/21 Status: Received

At the time of this posting the wait time was (-/+) 80 days. Now it's 111. Paid for a service that have not received. Maybe they should not process payment until they "actually" provide the service!! This is ridiculous. Status received

Update: Standard Tier, 20 Card (no-sub)

Delivered 02/19 || Received 02/25 || Scheduled for Grading 03/25

This moved a bit faster than I thought considering it’s only been 20 days since received. I know that the TAT dipped down to 22 days for a split second early March, so maybe I just got lucky and squeezed into that grading time frame. Happy to be getting this order back soon, anyone else a fan of Japanese Amazing Rares?

On 3/19/2021 at 9:12 AM, metalburning said:

Movement from 12/7!

Economy 22 cards:

• Received: 12/7
  • Scheduled for grading: 3/19

Bulk 59 card:

• Received: 12/7
  • still received
Received: 12/7/20
Shipped: 3/25/21

48 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

4 Bulk submissions

All received 12/10

1 moved SFG yesterday

1 moved to SFG today

2 still at received.

I'm kinda getting pissed off now seeing multiple bulk submissions received after my economy order getting graded. I mean wtf is going on at this point. How does a 50 card bulk submission get graded faster than an economy submission of 9 cards that you get charged nearly double the price for? Id love to hear the explanation.