• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fingerprints
1 1

7 posts in this topic

So I have tried a couple things as per a few Youtube videos and internet searches, like a microfibre cloth and an eraser but nothing seems to be removing these...not sure what this person had on their hands but man I’d like to clean this cover up. Any suggestions?

Also if the front cover is 9.6 range but the back looks like this, where does it fall? VF? Lower? I appreciate any insight!

Newer books are not my forte.

96BF4B84-2E98-47C4-A03E-FC81E60D716D.jpeg

44FC40EC-EA8D-4CCC-B62C-964B1E077868.jpeg

19730C6B-6F09-4781-9B69-36B233718775.jpeg

636D94B2-4272-45F4-BC08-FBE527887284.jpeg

16 minutes ago, B2D327 said:

Those are smudges. Trying to clean or remove them is a waste of time as it’s color loss and will more than likely damage the book further. I couldn’t see that getting any higher than an 8.0 if that

The white I can see the persons fingerprints. There are also a ton of prints on the black part of the cover. 

On 12/11/2020 at 11:14 PM, comicginger1789 said:

The white I can see the persons fingerprints. There are also a ton of prints on the black part of the cover. 

Depending upon the amount and severity of the finger stains, it can drop a Near Mint book down into the VF range, and in extreme cases even lower than that...  :gossip:

3 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Depending upon the amount and severity of the finger stains, it can drop a Near Mint book down into the VF range, and in extreme cases even lower than that...  :gossip:

Yeah the back of this looks like someone ate a bag of chips and read this. Unfortunately. The front looks great. But for a couple bucks, I grabbed it anyway. I just wondered if there was any hope but does not appear to be in terms of cleaning. 

19 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Yeah the back of this looks like someone ate a bag of chips and read this. Unfortunately. The front looks great. But for a couple bucks, I grabbed it anyway. I just wondered if there was any hope but does not appear to be in terms of cleaning. 

:(