• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collection Stolen in Burglary, Need Help
1 1

11 posts in this topic

My name is Tommy Garvey and I am a collector of Star Wars, Marvel comic books, and Disney stuff.  I’ve collected them my entire life.  My home was broken into a couple of weeks ago and a large amount of things were stolen from me.  Neighbors tell me that someone literally pulled up with a U-Haul and tried to fill it.  They took a TON of stuff, down to a diary I kept on a road trip 10 years ago, and they even tried to take my clothes, which was bizarre.  The cops inform me that their suspect is no one I know, that it was a random crime.  But in either case, I have yet to recover my things, and as you can imagine, I am DESPERATE to get them back.

As such, I am reaching out to other collectors and dealers, hoping to put the word out that if they see these items around, that they are mine.  So, if you could take a moment and scroll through my CAF galleries of stolen art, I would really appreciate it.  Some of them were my grails in collecting and I searched for them for many years, so this is heartbreaking. 

CAF galleries

Additionally, I lost a bunch of Itoyas filled with "X-Men: The Animated Series" cels and sketches/art related to Galoob's "Micro Machines" toy line, especially the unproduced Indiana Jones playset they were planning to release and then canceled.  So if you see any Indiana Jones Micro Machines art around, I can almost guarantee you that it's mine. 

I also lost a variety of vintage Star Wars prototypes, so if you collect those as well or know someone who does, I'm missing: a hardcopy Luke Poncho coin, Kea Moll separation sheets, a Luke Poncho cromalin, and several other pieces that I'd obviously liked to have returned to me.

In any case, please keep an eye out and if you see any of this, please contact me immediately.

Thanks,

Tommy