• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Crazy that a 2,500 SW copy is very rare. We have lots of store variants that are lower these days. I wonder if we will say the same thing about those in 20 years. Yes, I realize SW books cross two collecting bases.

Yeah, I would have thought sub 500 based on not seeing it after 15 years of keeping up with this.

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Crazy that a 2,500 SW copy is very rare. We have lots of store variants that are lower these days. I wonder if we will say the same thing about those in 20 years. Yes, I realize SW books cross two collecting bases.

With store variants becoming more and more prevalent, I imagine that regardless of the print run, most will not retain value unless the art itself is a clear winner. With so many Valiant books (my main collecting interest) having store variants, I've basically given up on collecting those unless I love the cover art. I have no desire to sink so much money into shipping in order to have a "complete" collection. If I can get everything that's available at my local shop, that's complete enough for me. I imagine a lot of people will be in the same boat. So if you remove the must-have-everything crowd, the collecting base for limited store variants may be less than the collecting base than universally-available collecting base, making a book with a larger print run indeed tougher to obtain.

18 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I could kick myself for not buying more of the DV 3 Green 3rd print. I thought it was such a nice cover I should have bought more.

Same here. I was able to order 20 of the first print at my LCS but only ordered 1 each of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th printing. The purple 4th is my favorite but the green cover is cool too.  

anyone know print run numbers on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th? 

49 minutes ago, icp004 said:

Same here. I was able to order 20 of the first print at my LCS but only ordered 1 each of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th printing. The purple 4th is my favorite but the green cover is cool too.  

anyone know print run numbers on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th? 

Using Comichron I was able to find these numbers. I couldn't find any information on the 4th printing, but it has got to be way, way under 6k....crazy

1st print...85,156

2nd print..34,298

3rd print.....6,824

4th print....??

On 12/22/2020 at 11:01 AM, pkveronese said:

Don't forget Star Wars Insider #199 if you are hitting your LCS today, especially the PX High Republic cover.

The PX cover sells fast at $59.99 now (1st published High Republic Story)

Edited by Rip

1 hour ago, HighRadArt said:

This is just one an example but will these comic packs be worth anything or are they mostly reprints?  I didn't know they even existed and just curious if anyone keeps up with these.

Hasbro comic packs

I love these things,  probably have about 50. Hard to come by several of them, especially that open seasons one.

2 hours ago, Rip said:

The PX cover sells fast at $59.99 now (1st published High Republic Story)

I think that will be low this time next month. Can't be more than a couple thousand of these out there.

Edited by pkveronese