• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Modern Star Wars Comics that are heating up
17 17

1,470 posts in this topic

The High Republic #1

1st appearance of Keeve Trennis, Vetar, Estala Maru, Lekaki, Kanrii and the 1st comic appearance of Matari, Lina Soh, Sskeer and Voru.

The High Republic Adventures #1

1st appearance of Baro, Bibs, Torban Buck, Farzala, Zeen Mrala, Qort, Lula Talisola and the Elders of the Path, as well as the 1st comic appearance of the Nihil (villains of the High Republic).

31 minutes ago, Bart Allen said:

The High Republic #1

1st appearance of Keeve Trennis, Vetar, Estala Maru, Lekaki, Kanrii and the 1st comic appearance of Matari, Lina Soh, Sskeer and Voru.

1st appearance of Baro, Bibs, Torban Buck, Farzala, Zeen Mrala, Qort, Lula Talisola and the Elders of the Path, as well as the 1st comic appearance of the Nihil (villains of the High Republic).

Oh man do i need to buy HA Adventures too?

Edited by pkveronese

Heavy rumors are starting to circulate that RDJ is being cast as Thrawn in John Favreau's/Filoni's Star Wars Mandalorian spin off. If that is true heir to the empire #1 is going to go even higher. Makes sense considering his personal relationship with Downey jr. I'm sure he would do great but I came across this image:

now I want nothing more than Benedict Cumberbatch to fill those shoes. 

ErDQr5RWMAAXgds.jpeg

Edited by maidenmate91

12 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Based on eBay sales, it looks like the Hans variant is the cover price variant to own.

At my store the Hans "variant" was $20.

Cover A and B were $10, and the 1:10 was $12.

Since the Hans was not a ratio variant, the only way the store priced it up to $20 was to look at eBay. And this is not some mom-and-pop store, this is a large presence with nearly a dozen stores.

29 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Since the Hans was not a ratio variant, the only way the store priced it up to $20 was to look at eBay. And this is not some mom-and-pop store, this is a large presence with nearly a dozen stores.

What ticks me off about this is that you had this in your pull list, and they didn’t put it in there. Instead, they told you to get it off the shelf and attempted to charge you above cover. 

I don’t like the practice of shops marking up new issues, but I’m not going to get the pitchforks out for it. 

The pitchforks come out when they try to screw over a customer with an existing pull list. Just shameful. Hope they enjoy the $20 they made as an existing customer takes their future $ elsewhere. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

4 hours ago, Bart Allen said:

The High Republic #1

What are the variant covers for The High Republic Adventures #1

14 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

Maybe I will grab a couple.  I will just load up on the Sway variant.

Reading the previews and seeing the first appearances make it seem like one to own too - it's Yoda's squad, which are not in the regular Marvel series so far.

1 hour ago, awakeintheashes said:

What ticks me off about this is that you had this in your pull list, and they didn’t put it in there. Instead, they told you to get it off the shelf and attempted to charge you above cover. 

I don’t like the practice of shops marking up new issues, but I’m not going to get the pitchforks out for it. 

The pitchforks come out when they try to screw over a customer with an existing pull list. Just shameful. Hope they enjoy the $20 they made as an existing customer takes their future $ elsewhere. 

I made a post on IG to let the larger corp know of my disappointment.

Sad Larry from Mass @LarrysComics jumped in for no reason to comment and say my claims weren't credible b/c I sell comics. I guess he is the only one who can sell comics (not that this has anything to do with my pull list).

Edited by manetteska

40 minutes ago, pkveronese said:

Reading the previews and seeing the first appearances make it seem like one to own too - it's Yoda's squad, which are not in the regular Marvel series so far.

Where are you seeing this?

31 minutes ago, carter3175 said:

Where are you seeing this?

https://www.starwars.com/news/idw-star-wars-the-high-republic-adventures-announce

There are 3-4 story pages here. This combined with the full preview floating around makes me think we are underestimating this book. You don't release a full preview unless you've got something good.

Edited by pkveronese

3 hours ago, manetteska said:

I would have gladly paid those prices. We have three stores here in town (all in business 10+ years) and not one single copy hit the shelves at any of them (at any price). Not one. 

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

4 hours ago, pkveronese said:

I think there is a 1:10 and that is it.

4 hours ago, carter3175 said:

Maybe I will grab a couple.  I will just load up on the Sway variant.

Given that - clearly speaking, mind you - the IDW won't be selling as much as the Marvel issues, it should be very intriguing to see where this 1:10 ends up in the future lol

STL176424.jpg

Edited by Bart Allen