• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Problem with the Board Software Update Yesterday
5 5

82 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

the width of our member details to the left of each post appears to have reduced and the number of characters per line has reduced accordingly  - see examples below:

15k.PNG.9b046a68391e86ad255d81d91e5102cf.PNG  15k2.PNG.22d1fd4109fc64f1605ee6d7769dcda9.PNG
                   Pre-Update                              Post-Update

Captureb.thumb.PNG.bebc966d2729f9a1716afa8bda341391.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.e80fcf11834a8b55566291506bc9a580.PNG

Spoiler

:wink:

On 12/30/2020 at 5:03 PM, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

so board sigs are totally hosed now???? Is this the new normal? I tried to at least remove mine, since it's broken and that didn't work either.

It appears that way, Legio.......N.

Edited by sledgehammer

10 minutes ago, sledgehammer said:

It appears that way, Legio.......N.

I see what you did there :bigsmile:

On 12/30/2020 at 11:03 PM, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

so board sigs are totally hosed now???? Is this the new normal? I tried to at least remove mine, since it's broken and that didn't work either.

Signatures are working OK as far as I can see MNIL. I updated mine the other day - they look like this:

sig1.thumb.PNG.1e6edd48e0ec9c150b78616aecac0104.PNG

...and I've seen many other member signatures looking fine.

Yours looks like this to me on my desktop:

sig2.thumb.PNG.92d723173dff590872c45c0cc9bc4e75.PNG

What should it look like?

This may help with the removal thing:

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I see what you did there :bigsmile:

Signatures are working OK as far as I can see MNIL. I updated mine the other day - they look like this:

sig1.thumb.PNG.1e6edd48e0ec9c150b78616aecac0104.PNG

...and I've seen many other member signatures looking fine.

Yours looks like this to me on my desktop:

sig2.thumb.PNG.92d723173dff590872c45c0cc9bc4e75.PNG

What should it look like?

This may help with the removal thing:

I just inserted the unicode back in that I has been using for several years that has 4 thumbnails that are links to pages on my CAF. When I paste them in my sig, they don't load, it's just the text I pasted in, minus some of the code. ????? So the links work, but you should be seeming thumbnails to click on, not a text link. Every time I paste the test in the sign box, it' strips out some of the barakets and codes, so I pasted it into the sig as code (which isn't working either) but it allows you to see verbatim what was previously in my sig that was working prior to the board "downgrade" 

Edited by MYNAMEISLEGION

29 minutes ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

I just inserted the unicode back in that I has been using for several years that has 4 thumbnails that are links to pages on my CAF. When I paste them in my sig, they don't load, it's just the text I pasted in, minus some of the code. ????? So the links work, but you should be seeming thumbnails to click on, not a text link.

I see that, yes. I don't know the way to solve that myself, sorry.  This is the thread to register it though, as an issue, and hopefully someone will be able to help. There are a number of outstanding issues so I'm assuming an update of some kind is due. 

On 1/2/2021 at 3:13 PM, Icculus308win said:

So still no pinch zoom/desktop theme option as before?

&

Still can’t see sigs/registry banners still on iPhones?

I have been trying to find that as well. I  made a post about it previously but never heard anything then the post got filled with memes etc typical comics general stuff haha. I would like an answer if it is coming back because if not looks like the boards are something i will drop in 2021 which would be sad bc they have meant a lot to me over the years. I would still look at them just much much less as most of my viewing is from my device and this format doesn’t work for me. Please bring back the pinch zoom option or at least let us know if you are working on it. Thanks!!