WONDER WOMAN 3 directed by Patty Jenkins (TBD)
1 1

19 posts in this topic

Warner Bros. has greenlit a third “Wonder Woman” movie.

“As fans around the world continue to embrace Diana Prince, driving the strong opening weekend performance of Wonder Woman 1984, we are excited to be able continue her story with our real life Wonder Women – Gal and Patty – who will return to conclude the long-planned theatrical trilogy,” said Warner Bros. chief Toby Emmerich.

2 minutes ago, piper said:

They should move away from the direction taken in WW 1984 as quickly as possible.

Agreed. The legacy love interest has been wrapped up now. Focus on the future and what her involvement is post-Snyder Cut once that comes out March 2021.

3 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

I think they should bring back Stella Stevens from the TV show pilot. The fight between her and Lynda Carter is still awesome to watch.

Nubia keeps coming up as a potential due to social media requests.

Nubia.thumb.jpeg.bd5573384dac51c4b2f2b08438b6aa6c.jpeg

8 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Chris Pine is also slated to return as Steve Trevor, the man Diana just can't quit.

916477180_strevor.thumb.jpg.0a9015ab2c0a3e234da07e30241f451e.jpg

Was that announced somewhere or did you just post that?

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

It's a joke.

Haa haa haaa...

9 minutes ago, silversurfer275 said:

no hate to chris pine but this is a very bad decision 

Did you giggle? :baiting:

After adventures in 1918 and 1984, the just-announced Wonder Woman 3 could bring Diana Prince (Gal Gadot) back into the present-day DC Extended Universe. The long-hidden superheroine stepped out of the shadows in the modern-day DCEU in Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, where a trinity formed for the first time, before fighting again alongside Batman (Ben Affleck) and a newly resurrected Superman (Henry Cavill) in Justice League. According to franchise star and producer Gadot, who reteams with her Wonder Woman and WW84 director Patty Jenkins on the threequel, it's time for the character's next solo film to bring Diana out of the past:

"I wouldn't go, like, to the '60s or to the '40s with Wonder Woman," Gadot recently told MTV News. "I feel like the past has been handled well, and now it's time to move on."

Jenkins has already hinted at Cheetah's return in Wonder Woman 3, which may not use the story she planned with WW84 co-writer Geoff Johns:

"I actually came up with a story, and Geoff Johns and I beat out an entire story for Wonder Woman 3 that we were super fired up about," Jenkins previously told CinemaBlend. "But I've never felt this way before as much as I do now. I don't think I'm doing it next, and so I sort of have to wait and see where we are in the world. It's interesting. What I wanted to talk about in this film [WW84] was very prescient to what I was feeling, and what you were feeling, was coming. So now? I'm not sure. So much has changed in the world."

Jenkins continued, "I still love the story that we came up with. I'm sure that parts of it would come over to it. But I'm trying to say, 'Don't decide.' Don't fall in love with anything. 'What would Wonder Woman do now?' What are you craving Wonder Woman to do in this world?"

The just-announced Wonder Woman 3 movie will have a traditional theatrical release, according to Warner Bros. It's been a big week for the Wonder Woman franchise. The long awaited Wonder Woman 1984 released on Christmas Day as part of a new hybrid strategy by WB. After encountering many delays due to COVID-19, the company decided to release the film simultaneously in open theaters and on HBO Max. Warner Bros. will continue this model with all of its 2021 movies, though the decision hasn't been without controversy. In Wonder Woman 1984's case, the release strategy seems to have paid off; the film scored the best opening weekend box office numbers since the pandemic began.