• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Vs. Gilligan’s Island on Family Feud

16 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, kav said:

Ginger never participated in anything, like this and the gilligan's island movie-apparently she was still steamed that the show wasnt about a movie star stranded on an island with 'and the rest'.

That's what she said. 

episode is from 1983

Mr Magoo was 70 the Skipper was 62 Lovey was 82 the Professor was 59 MaryAnn was 44

Jim Backus seems older than 70... this may be why

On July 3, 1989, Backus died in Los Angeles from complications of pneumonia after suffering from Parkinson's disease for many years

220px-Egghead_from_Batman_66.jpg

Egghead is a fictional character created for the 1960s Batman television series. Played by horror film mainstay Vincent Price, the character was identifiable by his pale bald head and white and yellow suit. He believes himself to be "the world's smartest criminal", and his crimes usually have an egg motif to them; he also includes egg-related puns in his speech ("egg-zactly", "egg-cellent", etc.). Additionally, he would use a wide assortment of egg-shaped weapons, such as laughing gas eggs and tear gas eggs (laid by chickens on a diet of onions).

I like how the writers if the tv show were able to add previously non-existent villains to the show. I was trying to figure out what book eventually immortalized the Egg Head character. I am assuming they went ahead and added him around the time of the show. Not much of a Batman fanatic and wikipedia wasn't very helpful.

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

I like how the writers if the tv show were able to add previously non-existent villains to the show. I was trying to figure out what book eventually immortalized the Egg Head character. I am assuming they went ahead and added him around the time of the show. Not much of a Batman fanatic and wikipedia wasn't very helpful.

No ideas about an “Egghead” character in the SA, but fwiw an “Egghead” along with “Optik” were a bad-guy duo (The Ghost Gang) that faced off against Bats & Robin way back in Batman #22.
fVDbNTNl.png

Seemed odd Gilligan didn’t show up for this.

...and I always wondered why there wasn’t a Gilligan’s Island comic book for the ‘60s and ‘70s. It should have had a robust beginning at Dell, continued fairly strong with Gold Key (possible Whitman variant) and kicked over to Charlton to die.

Edited by iggy
...And furthermore...

14 hours ago, kav said:

Ginger never participated in anything, like this and the gilligan's island movie-apparently she was still steamed that the show wasnt about a movie star stranded on an island with 'and the rest'.

I think it was a little more straight forward than that.

The show garnered more than $90mil in syndication and there were zero in royalties for the crew

Can hardly blame anyone for wanting nothing to do with that