• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Themed Art Collections Thread

57 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, alxjhnsn said:

Give me a link! Happy to add folks. 

It was on page 1 of your thread in large letters and emboldened type.  Copy-and-paste job:

Re-assembled Books or Book Sections

I'm trying to put-back together two UK serials from 1965:

KELLY'S EYE, 'The Vampire of Rafinno' by Francisco Solano Lopez (I own 32 pages out of 48):

9. KELLY'S EYE - The Vampire of Raffino (1965) - Terry Doyle's Original Comic Art Gallery at ComicArtFans.com

and . . . 

THE STEEL CLAW, 'Max Kruger' by Jesus Blasco (I own 11 pages out of 18):

THE STEEL CLAW - Max Kruger (1965) - Terry Doyle's Original Comic Art Gallery at ComicArtFans.com

The pages I'm missing are shown (reproduced from the printed page) and listed as WANTED in the main description.

1 hour ago, The Voord said:

It was on page 1 of your thread in large letters and emboldened type.  Copy-and-paste job:

Now I understand. Sorry, Terry. I completely missed it. I would never leave you off a list. :)

10 hours ago, vodou said:

Is this the same guy that was collecting commissions (Stray Toasters) from anybody and everybody in all artists alleys in the early 2000s?

Obviously he would be 15-20 years older now, was a kid then, maybe 15-18?

This FB page is owned by Andrew Rosenbarger. I know because he happened to post one of his toaster drawings on a page we both frequent so I asked. He said he started in 2019 so I guess there was someone paving the way 20 years ago. I wonder who it was.

12 minutes ago, alxjhnsn said:

This FB page is owned by Andrew Rosenbarger. I know because he happened to post one of his toaster drawings on a page we both frequent so I asked. He said he started in 2019 so I guess there was someone paving the way 20 years ago. I wonder who it was.

Huh. Well at least we know. The fellow I'm talking about was africa-american, had a quick slick way of asking for free things, a real go-getter, and because it was "toasters" most gave in. Big names and small. All free. Toasters. But the last time I saw him was 2005? Fifteen years is a really long time in this hobby, could be married with 12 kids (well...maybe 10? that poor woman!) and be like "toasters, what?!" today :)