• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Received CGC graded book back with a page pinched in the inner plastic casing

5 posts in this topic

So, I finally submitted my first comic to CGC for grading (X-men 101). When I received it back I noticed that the front page was pinched inside the plastic part( Don't know the terminology for the inner casing) at the top and it makes it off center and you can see it fans out the book a little at the bottom.

I'm new to comic grading also. Wasn't expecting it to come back as restored.(made a post about it in the newbie section) It was pretty heart breaking. But when I saw the front paged pinched up like that it was a little more heartbreaking really. I'll see if I can post some pictures of it. It's really hard to get a good picture from the glares.

edit: added some pictures. Tough to fully capture it without seeing it in front of you. Would of gotten the book pressed and cleaned, but it was pricey. I think it would of really helped as I see lots of areas I could of fixed. It's a C-1 restoration apparently and even considering if I should do a restoration removal if possible. I'm having a really rough time with my first graded book. So can anything be done about the way the front cover is pinched and the comic tilted/fanned out?

20210105_233937.jpg

20210105_233950.jpg

20210105_234258.jpg

20210105_233308.jpg

Edited by Tony Ellis

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  We can reholder the book for you and re-center the book so it is not slipping out of the inner well.  Please email this information along with the pictures to our customer service department and they can email you the instructions on how to send that back along with a link where you can print out a pre-paid return shipping label.  You can email us at submissions@cgccomics.com.  

Thank you!

So I just got my book back from CGC and they didn't even take the comic out of the inner plastic holder. So nothing even changed. I even hand wrote the note on the packing slip where it was suppose to go. It's like they didn't even take the time to read it, they just threw it in another slab casing. Very frustrated with this.

Edited by Celt Highwind

• Administrator

Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear that the problem wasn't corrected.  Please email the information to our customer service department and we can have someone check into it further for you.  You can reach us at: submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thanks!