• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Re-grading CGC Slabs - Minimum Grade?

5 posts in this topic

I got a card back that hit very high on all points besides surface.  It got dinged fairly hard on its grade at a 6.5 surface.  I cannot for the life of me, maybe I am blind IDK, see any imperfections on the card and I currently just do not agree with this grade.  I think it might be due to the texture of the card perhaps that flaws were either thought to be there or is causing me not to see them, but I digress.   While I see we can send in PSA and Beckett slabs and set minimum grades and what not I am not sure if this is possible with a CGC slab?

I would love to send this in again and have another go at it but I really would not like to have it cracked if it ends up getting a worse grade somehow.  Is this doable with the current submission form online?  If not is it doable at all?

And I guess on a side note is it at all possible to get grader notes about the grade? Because if there is indeed a surface flaw I would love to hear what the grader has to say so I know I am not crazy :D

I actually also just noticed, that after taking a few pictures and replacing the teambag it was in that the card is very loose and is noticeable rattling now that I have taken it out of storage.  So regardless of my original question I think I will get it reholdered anyways.