• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My experience with fractional ownership of comics: JIM #83 / $215,000
3 3

444 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

Really? It should be welcomed? I know why investors want prices to increase, because that's all they care about. But why would collectors want prices to go up? How does that help them add to their collections?

Interest in a hobby is good, at least to a point. Without interest, information and items will be harder to find. But not all interest is equal. Not even close.

I understand what you're saying...if I was in pure collection mode I wouldn't be happy with investors/speculators driving up values.  

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

Given that you don't own a fraction of the book, I don't see how it can be considered fractional ownership.  You own a portion of the future value of the book.

Well the title of this thread is : 

My experience with fractional ownership of comics: JIM #83 / $215,000

So there are people putting money into this thinking they have a 'fractional ownership'.   I don't think everybody putting money into this even knows what they are buying.