• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please Grade my batman 423 and advise what to do with a signature
2 2

15 posts in this topic

New to the grading thing, couple questions .

What grade would this get with a press ? 

And it has a Starlin signature , I believe that it is authentic so should I get it graded through cbcs signature verification? 

Did the signature acually hurt the value since it isnt verified? ( I believe it is authentic) 

Thanks 

Last pic is my turtle Gertrude 

IMG_20210115_174712.jpg

Teenage? No. Mutant? No. Ninja? No. But still awesome!  Cool turtle!  :headbang:

9.0/9.2. Not sure if the drag marks on the FC impact the grade all that much but maybe they are just noticeable because of the zoom.  Nice book.

14 hours ago, Mars76 said:

If you press out some of that wavieness on the back I can see it being a 9.4-9.6. Gertrude gets a 10😁 I love tortoises

Thanks yes she has personality and loves to chomp on mealy worms and river shrimp and bask on her dock . 

On 1/15/2021 at 11:10 PM, MPH1964 said:

Teenage? No. Mutant? No. Ninja? No. But still awesome!  Cool turtle!  :headbang:

9.0/9.2. Not sure if the drag marks on the FC impact the grade all that much but maybe they are just noticeable because of the zoom.  Nice book.

Yes she still has lots of time to mutate , I am hoping for it .

On 1/15/2021 at 7:26 PM, Randall Ries said:

AW! Hi, Gertrude!

The book is probably 9.0-9.2 because of the back cover issues. The signature won't get a yellow label. Likely a blue label with "Name Written On Cover" or something like that.

Yes I probably was going to go the cbcs route because based on my understanding it couldnt be verified by cgc because it wasnt witnessed.

Is their still a good market for books that just get verified as opposed to witnessed? 

14 minutes ago, Corallas said:

Yes I probably was going to go the cbcs route because based on my understanding it couldnt be verified by cgc because it wasnt witnessed.

Is their still a good market for books that just get verified as opposed to witnessed? 

I think there is. I am willing to buy them. Just not as popular and iron clad as witnessed. I have to assume the verified process is basically a comparison against other established signatures. They likely don't have an expert on staff that can say within a 95% certainty that "Yes. This was signed by so and so". Or maybe they do. I have signed Wrightson Swamp Things 1st Series that I know Wrightson signed but I won't send them to CGC because I would only get a "writing/name written on cover" thingy on a blue label. "Verified" by the other company would be good enough for me but if I decided to sell, perhaps many potential buyers would sneer because they aren't witnessed signatures. Witnessed obviously takes the ambiguity out of the equation.