• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Purchased a comic book already signed, if I get artist signature again at a CON can I get Witnessed CGC Signature Label still?

10 posts in this topic

I bought a few Campbell comics (Incoming and some other variants) that were purchased signed with COA.  I read that I can only get the green label for these and not the CGC signature witness yellow label holder.  I was wondering, if I get the artist to sign again at a comic con with CGC there to witness, can I get the yellow CGC signature series holder?

Thank you community for your input!

EDITED:  Googled some of the answers for the other questions I had.  Could not find an answer to the above question though.. :(

Edited by Absolution

I cannot just pay at a Convention for the author to sign it again with CGC witnessing to get the CGC Signature Yellow Series Label?  So the result will be I would have 2 of the same author's signature on the comic.  Or is that weird to ask lol.

I read somewhere back in 2019 with CGC they were doing some authentication label to get a CGC Signature qualified without witness.  Is that the green label you are talking about?

If I cannot do the getting another signature to have 2 of their signatures on the comic, for the green label do I have to send in the Certificate of Authenticity to get the green label?

Thanks for your feedbacks :)  And thank you for not judging me asking such a noobie question.  I couldn't find the answer to the getting 2nd same signature at a convention to qualify for the yellow CGC Signature Label and I feel like it was a silly question to ask.

Edited by Absolution

52 minutes ago, Absolution said:

I cannot just pay at a Convention for the author to sign it again with CGC witnessing to get the CGC Signature Yellow Series Label?  So the result will be I would have 2 of the same author's signature on the comic.  Or is that weird to ask lol.

I read somewhere back in 2019 with CGC they were doing some authentication label to get a CGC Signature qualified without witness.  Is that the green label you are talking about?

If I cannot do the getting another signature to have 2 of their signatures on the comic, for the green label do I have to send in the Certificate of Authenticity to get the green label?

Thanks for your feedbacks :)  And thank you for not judging me asking such a noobie question.  I couldn't find the answer to the getting 2nd same signature at a convention to qualify for the yellow CGC Signature Label and I feel like it was a silly question to ask.

I already answered all your questions in my previous reply. It's pretty straightforward: if you send a signed book to cgc that they did not witness, there will be green on your label.

Any certificate of authenticity will be thrown in the garbage by cgc.

42 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I already answered all your questions in my previous reply. It's pretty straightforward: if you send a signed book to cgc that they did not witness, there will be green on your label.

Any certificate of authenticity will be thrown in the garbage by cgc.

They might return the certificate to you if you’re lucky.  But yah they don’t use it, and they don’t authenticate anything.

Ok. I am going to pay for a slot then on my next comic con (hopefully this year) to get another signature from Mr. Campbell to sign and CGC witness so I can get the yellow signature label.   I finally found a post where they had the artist sign the comic again with cgc witness (artist signed it multiple times) and it was authenticated to the yellow cgc signature label with multiple signatures lol. 

Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, Absolution said:

Ok. I am going to pay for a slot then on my next comic con (hopefully this year) to get another signature from Mr. Campbell to sign and CGC witness so I can get the yellow signature label.   I finally found a post where they had the artist sign the comic again with cgc witness (artist signed it multiple times) and it was authenticated to the yellow cgc signature label with multiple signatures lol. 

Thanks for your help!

what book?

Why not get another copy, have Campbell sign the new copy witnessed by CGC for the yellow label and keep the other copy as is?

16 hours ago, Absolution said:

Thanks for your help!

That original signature will still be treated as a defect even if Campbell traced right over it in front of a CGC witness. 

On 1/22/2021 at 12:44 AM, Artboy99 said:

what book?

Why not get another copy, have Campbell sign the new copy witnessed by CGC for the yellow label and keep the other copy as is?

they don't sell the book any more :(  Maybe they will in the future as CGC already graded though seems like campbell has a lot of books being sold already graded at 9.8 =)