• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Experience Selling with PWCC? (Pokemon)

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I was wondering if any of you guys have tried selling higher-end ($1k+) items with PWCC.

The main attraction for me is that I wouldn't have to deal with scammers on my most expensive items.

Right now, it looks like PWCC only takes an 8% cut on items in the $5k+ range.

Thanks!

Generally speaking I don't recommend using the auction format to sell CGC cards as it doesn't seem to garner the amount that it deserves (e.g. I won a bid for $78 on an E3 pikachu 8.5 and sold it 2 weeks later for $160), but with high-end it likely wouldn't matter as much.

I've never used them but seen all of their auctions etc. 

The biggest issues with PWCC in my opinion are:
- They list the same things ending at the same time (there could be 4 Charizard PSA 6's all ending within minutes of each other

- They are HIGHLY targeted for shill bidding (running up boxes to 1.5million for boxes that should sell for $15k).  Again not personal experience but someone said when this occurred to them they went to the highest legit bid...well if shill bidding took place at 10k by two ppl I'd hate for my 15k to then be sold off at 10k.

They always have a large offering of good stuff though!  So for the most part consignors must be happy with them.

I like PWCC since its basically the Fulfilled by Amazon for graded cards and sealed product. I dont like having to deal with strangers trying to rip me off and my time is more valuable than trying to sell everything individually by myself. Ive sold cards mostly under 1k since with ebay fees, its just about the same pricing and I just have to mail all my cards to one person. Moving forward I just submit everything I have to them that is of any value since its just easy to deal with 1 person verses having a bunch of customers that can be liabilities since its so easy for people to scam online.

Its hit or miss what cards can end at. Ive had some cards sell for less than market rate and some sell for more than market rate. I had some cards that I been sitting on for months (japanese stuff) that nobody would buy but I would end up with some good rates through auction. I try to submit only 1-2 copies and try to diversify what I have so im not competing with anyone. This has made me stay away from alot of newer cards since the market is flooded with stuff like Hidden Fates and SWSH/Sun & Moon stuff. I also try to not stack up on too many Charizard cards since while they are sought after, its very easy to end up competition with people even when you have a rare one like a 1st edition base one. I seen one 1st ed shadowless end at 200k while another ended at 250k. Weird but it is what it is I guess.

Overall, Id do PWCC if you just want to turn your stuff over without any hassle and if you value your time very highly. Yes, it is possible that you might miss out on a little bit of money due to the nature of auctions, but I think the value of consignment is too hard to pass up on since as a business owner, I like delegating and freeing up my time. Also, it will take a month or two to get paid since when you submit to an auction, you get paid the following month of your auction. And some cards may not get paid on, so you may have to send them to another auction. They pay on a certain day of each month so its just something to keep in mind in case you need your money asap.

Edited by mattyzeepgam

7 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

That's great information @mattyzeepgam.  Would you share, roughly, what volume you do?

I send in a mix of singles and sealed product, so it varies. Just try to not send in too much of 1 card. I did that once and ended up not having the best results. Still did better on some and worse on others, but its just not a good idea to compete with yourself. Sealed product is a bit different since nobody sends that in all the time but when it comes to singles, you cant overload the listings with the same cards.

On 1/26/2021 at 4:54 PM, Iceman399 said:

I've never used them but seen all of their auctions etc. 

The biggest issues with PWCC in my opinion are:
- They list the same things ending at the same time (there could be 4 Charizard PSA 6's all ending within minutes of each other

- They are HIGHLY targeted for shill bidding (running up boxes to 1.5million for boxes that should sell for $15k).  Again not personal experience but someone said when this occurred to them they went to the highest legit bid...well if shill bidding took place at 10k by two ppl I'd hate for my 15k to then be sold off at 10k.

They always have a large offering of good stuff though!  So for the most part consignors must be happy with them.

Just wondering myself if shill bidding is a common practice on trading cards....it's so obvious on ebay auctions. They really need to do something about that.