• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC timing seems weird to me

3 posts in this topic

Let me start by saying I'm not complaining here, this is just an observation and a question.

I sent in 18 books in December. 2 economy (though 1 was going to be pressed so will be even longer), 9 modern, 6 value, and 1 magazine modern. They were marked as received on Dec 17. It's now January 26, somewhere in the area of 23 working/business days later and 1 book, the 1 economy not going to be pressed, has already been graded and shipped back to me. The other 17 haven't even been scheduled for grading yet. I say it seems weird because when I sent them in, modern was easily the fastest service in their turnaround times at 30 some days while the rest were at 80+, though now modern and economy seem to have evened out. 

This was my first ever shipment to CGC, is this pretty standard? I'm getting the feeling that the turnaround times are far more like loose guidelines than anything you can set any sort of expectations on. 

Edited by xvipah