• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much more do you pay for a copy that has no miss wrap?
1 1

24 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

For me, it honestly depends on the book.   It took me a long time to find a copy of ASM 129 that I liked.  I think I had this conversation in a thread with @THE_BEYONDER... At the end of the day I took a 9.4 over a 9.6 due to a nicely centered cover. 

This is my 9.4.  Compare it to a 9.6 with the white back cover peeking around.  I know it was common for bronze age books but for an iconic cover I wanted something that presented well and not going higher by a .2 at the time was irrelevant.  

image.png

image.png

image.png

I'd have to agree, that 9.4 looks nicer.

I'll put it in a different perspective. I have passed up chances to buy 9.9s with a 1/16"- to 1/8" white strip miswrap to the front cover in favor of a perfectly centered and aligned 9.8 of the same book even when price was not an issue.

I, also, finally found my cgc 9.8 copies of ASM 129 and 100 with the perfect wraps that I could live with. 

34 minutes ago, justafan said:

I'll put it in a different perspective. I have passed up chances to buy 9.9s with a 1/16"- to 1/8" white strip miswrap to the front cover in favor of a perfectly centered and aligned 9.8 of the same book even when price was not an issue.

I, also, finally found my cgc 9.8 copies of ASM 129 and 100 with the perfect wraps that I could live with. 

Let’s see the 100 :smile: