• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Books Alert!!
6 6

95 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, serling1978 said:

Seems strange someone broke into a storage unit, stole what they could find including some comic books and immediately had the knowledge to list them on comiclink. If it was ebay or Craigslist I would get it, but is comiclink well known outside of the collecting community? Sure maybe the thief just googled "sell comics" and randomly went with comiclink but seems odd. Maybe I shouldn't admit this for fear of judgment, but I've been collecting for over 25 years and I've never once sold on comiclink. This thief knows more than I do :(

I am going to have to take a guess on this one. It was probably sold to a pawn or comic shop, they asked for cash, then split.

CS or Pawn shop is now selling via C-Link. Doubt the seller is at fault. 

CS or Pawn shop is out the money if.... they didn't get the thief's information such as drivers license, etc.

I think C-Link stole the books straight out of the storage facility themselves. They followed the HA auction, saw that you were the buyer and followed you to your storage unit. They felt the original owner in the HA auction didn't give them a solid chance and they want to show the cgc boards and the world that they are truly the better comic auction house. No possible alternate explanation exists!

Seems rather brazen and foolhardy to break in, get graded books with a clear serial number that identifies them and ship them off to a niche auction house where they now have possession of the books and are easily traceable back to the perpetrator.  Are you sure, OP, that this was not a case of a non payment of a storage unit that was later sold to a speculator?  Just putting it out there...I've sen a few episodes of Storage Wars...

7 hours ago, thesink said:

I think C-Link stole the books straight out of the storage facility themselves. They followed the HA auction, saw that you were the buyer and followed you to your storage unit. They felt the original owner in the HA auction didn't give them a solid chance and they want to show the cgc boards and the world that they are truly the better comic auction house. No possible alternate explanation exists!

This has to be what happened!

4 hours ago, JazzMan said:

Seems rather brazen and foolhardy to break in, get graded books with a clear serial number that identifies them and ship them off to a niche auction house where they now have possession of the books and are easily traceable back to the perpetrator.  Are you sure, OP, that this was not a case of a non payment of a storage unit that was later sold to a speculator?  Just putting it out there...I've sen a few episodes of Storage Wars...

This is the broken in unit they ransacked and stole lots of my stuff, not just my comics. You can see they came in thru the top. The cops came and fingerprinted the unit. I wouldn’t spend crazy $ on comics if I couldn’t afford to pay my storage unit.

DE09EA48-6614-4C26-B1AC-06FB1B68BC15.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Daniel Boshell said:

This is the broken in unit they ransacked and stole lots of my stuff, not just my comics. You can see they came in thru the top. The cops came and fingerprinted the unit. I wouldn’t spend crazy $ on comics if I couldn’t afford to pay my storage unit.

DE09EA48-6614-4C26-B1AC-06FB1B68BC15.jpeg

THEY CAME THROUGH THE TOP??

Wow that does not make me feel good about my stuff.

Good luck to you, I am very sorry to read this happened.

I'd start questioning the usual suspects!

Image result for storage wars

On 2/13/2021 at 1:02 AM, BabaLament said:

That the books were on ComicLink instead of eBay leads me to believe that the thief knew what they were after, where it was, and how to get rid of it in the most profitable manner. The thief knew enough to get the books up for auction. 

So, “friend” who helped load books into the storage unit, disgruntled family member, or shifty storage facility employee? 

No chance anyone knew they were there other then me.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

Stinks.  I remember when you posted your win of the great Carson City Love Experiences #1.

I love that book. Hopefully it gets returned to me. Luckily my expensive books weren’t in the unit. These 5 books aren’t worth a whole lot of $ but I love all these covers and the high grade. 

59 minutes ago, Lightning55 said:

I hear you, Daniel.  I hope you get them all back, and your other belongings, too.

I collect vintage photographs and there were several in the box with the comics. I doubt I’ll get those back but you never know, I thought I’d never find my comics either.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Boshell said:

This is unbelievably great news! Here’s my phone XXXXXXXXXXXX

If someone calls that number, asks you what you're wearing and then screams profanities at you for 10 straight minutes......don't worry.

That's just me.

1 minute ago, Daniel Boshell said:

Maybe I should message him privately w my number hahaha

There you go. lol

And glad you found your missing books.  Hope you get the rest of the missing stuff back as well.