• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking to long

85 posts in this topic

I’m just not happy with the speed in which the cards are being graded like if I would have known CGC was going to constantly change the turnaround date or literally wait the last minute to grade I wouldn’t have sent them in. I’m tired of seeing “received” on my order. I honestly would have just paid the extra $2-4 for the cards to come back in half the time 

• Administrator
On 2/12/2021 at 1:49 PM, Frank rodriguez said:

I’m just not happy with the speed in which the cards are being graded like if I would have known CGC was going to constantly change the turnaround date or literally wait the last minute to grade I wouldn’t have sent them in. I’m tired of seeing “received” on my order. I honestly would have just paid the extra $2-4 for the cards to come back in half the time 

I'm sorry, I promise the graders are working as hard as they can. You can certainly still upgrade your order and get it back faster by contacting customer service. 1-877-NM-COMIC

Paul

9 minutes ago, PaulS. said:

I'm sorry, I promise the graders are working as hard as they can. You can certainly still upgrade your order and get it back faster by contacting customer service. 1-877-NM-COMIC

Paul

At this point those of us that have early December receive dates that were received weeks before the turnaround time doubled should receive a free upgrade. Im at day 48 with no change and from what I see it is very unlikely they will be sent back to me before the 60 day mark. And simply because the lack of clear communication from cgc on this I feel alot of people wont be coming back. You guys should have it clearly posted whats going on and who will be affected that is the bare minimum expectations of your members and has not happened. Im a very patient person if kept informed but being kept in the dark doesn't sit well with me.

30 minutes ago, PaulS. said:

Paul

I find it funny. I was in the 30 day estimated when people were receiving their cards around 20-30 day bulk which is why I used this service... It bumped up to 65 days in the middle of my wait. About 3 weeks ago it still said received so I called and they said it should be moving that week. I just called today and they said I wouldn't receive it until about March 20th still sitting on received. Wow, this is really not what I was expecting. I keep thinking it isn't first come first serve if we keep getting pushed back. If this is the case might I not see my cards until next year? 

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

35 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I find it funny. I was in the 30 day estimated when people were receiving their cards around 20-30 day bulk which is why I used this service... It bumped up to 65 days in the middle of my wait. About 3 weeks ago it still said received so I called and they said it should be moving that week. I just called today and they said I wouldn't receive it until about March 20th still sitting on received. Wow, this is really not what I was expecting. I keep thinking it isn't first come first serve if we keep getting pushed back. If this is the case might I not see my cards until next year? 

There is more than 1 Tier to submit under, so no, it's not "first come, first served".

4 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

There is more than 1 Tier to submit under, so no, it's not "first come, first served".

Having more than 1 Tier doesn't mean you push the times of every other tier back months. LOL, if you can't meet demand you close out submissions until you catch up. Maybe that is just too logical.

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Having more than 1 Tier doesn't mean you push the times of every other tier back months. LOL, if you can't meet demand you close out submissions until you catch up. 

That's not how it works. If 1,000 people choose to submit under Walk-through, then all of the lower tiers will get pushed back. It's a very simple concept.

7 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

LOL, if you can't meet demand you close out submissions until you catch up. Maybe that is just too logical.

Can't keep the gravy train running if they do that. It's all about the :flipbait:

The comic book guys have been complaining about TaT for literally years. Welcome to the club, card guys. It's not going to get any better when they open it to more card types. Best to get used to it. Maybe we should set up an emotional support group lol 

Edited by Jeffro.

Sorry, to say but inconsistency and stuff like this aka (Lies) blatant to me on the phone is what caused me to leave other companies. It takes away future profit. I mean that is how it works in the hospitality industry. Keeping consumers happy makes them come back for years. I mean I thought that is what this company was going to be like. Fast cash isn't the best cash. And walk-through is one thing. What is happening right now is another lol. By the way estimate means (Around the time) not months later. 

3 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Sorry, to say but inconsistency and stuff like this aka (Lies) blatant to me on the phone is what caused me to leave other companies. It takes away future profit. I mean that is how it works in the hospitality industry. Keeping consumers happy makes them come back for years. I mean I thought that is what this company was going to be like. Fast cash isn't the best cash. And walk-through is one thing. What is happening right now is another lol. By the way estimate means (Around the time) not months later. 

Do you know what this word means?

You have many options that you can choose from lol! No one is forcing anyone to put their cards into capsulation... There's plenty of safe ways to keep your cards until they actually start giving you proper service but that's my opinion. lol Many of the people mad about this wait time are collectors who actually value their cards. The ones that don't are just waiting for their cards back to flip and make a quick buck. People like myself value our cards sentimental and when we are told an estimate of 30 days and it's triple that time we get very worried!

Then do that. That way you don't have to complain here.

1 minute ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

You have many options that you can choose from lol! No one is forcing anyone to put their cards into capsulation... There's plenty of safe ways to keep your cards until they actually start giving you proper service but thats my opinion. lol 

7 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

You have many options that you can choose from lol! No one is forcing anyone to put their cards into capsulation... There's plenty of safe ways to keep your cards until they actually start giving you proper service but that's my opinion. lol Many of the people mad about this wait time are collectors who actually value their cards. The ones that don't are just waiting for their cards back to flip and make a quick buck. People like myself value our cards sentimental and when we are told an estimate of 30 days and it's triple that time we get very worried!

Then why are you getting them entombed in plastic...?

Just now, Angel of Death said:

Then why are you getting them entombed in plastic...?

Cause I care about my cards... I don't want someone holding onto them for 3 months though +  with no updates. Makes me think their lost. When I am expecting a month or less.