Total turnarounds:

- '70s Kirby

- F Miller on DD

- W Simonson on Thor

- R Andru

Working on it

- Mike Allred

- Gene Colan on Dracula

- S Ditko (I know I know....I will get there eventually)

- W Simonson on X-Factor

Not there yet

- S Kieth

- Sienkiewicz after the New Mutants

I have a feeling this is going to be wildly unpopular but mine is Tony Salmons. Dude seemingly has no work ethic and comes off as a tool in old interviews but there is something about his art that just works for me. I like the dash of Kirby, maybe? I honestly wish he had done more in comics because there just isn't a lot out there.

40 minutes ago, ChrisSnorek said:

I have a feeling this is going to be wildly unpopular but mine is Tony Salmons. Dude seemingly has no work ethic and comes off as a tool in old interviews but there is something about his art that just works for me. I like the dash of Kirby, maybe? I honestly wish he had done more in comics because there just isn't a lot out there.

You have a Thing by Tony? Welcome to the boards Chris!

Mignola for me. But I've found that I just don't care for his guest work on X-titles (which was my introduction to him). Once I saw him work on things (that I feel) are more suited to his style, I loved his work.

I will echo others take on Sienkiewicz on New Mutants.  As a kid in the 80s, his work was confusing and I had no idea what was going on so I stopped reading it.   I did come around, and currently I do like his unique style.  

Herb Trimpe... at first looked a lot like Kirby, but have learned to appreciate his distinctive style, especially on the Hulk.  And, getting to know him personally enhanced my appreciation of his work.

27 minutes ago, comiconxion said:

Herb Trimpe... at first looked a lot like Kirby, but have learned to appreciate his distinctive style, especially on the Hulk.  And, getting to know him personally enhanced my appreciation of his work.

The Hulk is a tough guy to get to know.