• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s THE MANDALORIAN Show: The Huggy-Friendly Place (2021)

6 posts in this topic

Hours after it was announced that Gina Carano would no longer be part of The Mandalorian and Star Wars franchise, fans have picked their favorite to take over her role – Lucy Lawless.

Carasynthia “Cara” Dune is a former Rebel shock trooper turned mercenary in the popular Disney+ series, who eventually becomes a marshal for the New Republic.

While Gina originated the part, fans on social media are adamant that Lucy would be an even better actor for the role.

Star Wars fans are also suggesting that the franchise write an entirely new character just for Lucy as well.

I'd rather they just create a brand new character. No loss.

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yeah, there is no reason to bring the character back. Unlikely a need to even revisit Nevarro. 

We can revisit Nevarro without Dune, b/c Carl Weathers still has a stew going (and I much preferred his character to Dune in the first place). Seeing this outer systems is very interesting and fun, but it looks like the show is getting more Mandalore-focused anyway, so recasting the character is absolutely unnecessary.

She wasn't going to be in the Mandalorian going forward, (a least wasn't key in the near future) but she was going to be part of the Rangers of the New Republic.

Wasn't essential, but certainly a set back on THAT series. So not sure what they are going to do. I hate to see this kind of stuff happen. Regardless of social views. 
Its something that will likely need to be addressed in some form.

Either her death or a recast will happen.

Edited by Rip

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Well since we lost 50 pages of discussions over 1 page of off-topic debate...

:(

But yet the mods have locked and unlocked/cleaned up the covid thread I don’t know how many times (and it’s been so much worse there). Whatever. 

Thanks for starting another one! On with the show! :applause: