• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MN FallCon Oct. 8 - 9

19 posts in this topic

I think I am going? I attend every year and this list looks pretty good, especially if you are a Marshall Rogers Batman fan, as the wrtier, artist and inker are all there. I have not looked lately, but hopefully Hester and Parks show as they always do. I think Mahnke will not be able to attend (when I spoke with the promoter) as he has a weight lifting competition. I talk to Doug and told him he had to try and make it, he said he would try 27_laughing.gif

Yes, Harley is listed as one of the dealers attending. For a current complete list click the link below.

http://www.mncba.com/Fallcon/F2K5Dealers.htm

Several of these dealers will also have great older comics - at reasonable prices.gossip.gif

As a side note, Jerome Wenker will also set up. A man with an incredible collection and has quite possibly forgotten more about DC comics than most anybody on this board will ever know. A treasure to the hobby. thumbsup2.gif

Jerome is a fountain of old comic book knowledge. I've spent a decent amount of time chatting with him and I haven't even gotten to the topic of his DC collection yet! The last show we talked Walt Kelly and Gerber scarity for a good 30 minutes. Plus he sells those low grade Golden Age books I love!

As a side note, Jerome Wenker will also set up. A man with an incredible collection and has quite possibly forgotten more about DC comics than most anybody on this board will ever know. A treasure to the hobby. thumbsup2.gif

I'll be there, too. Haven't missed one since getting back in the game a few years back. The location is great, too, with free parking and a large, open space with wide aisles in a great brick building on the fairgrounds. All around a great day.

Is Jerome Wenker an older gentleman with a slight hump to his back? If so, I check his stuff out closely at every convention where I see him. He's very nice and quite the gentleman!

I think it is the best little con around:

great parking (where else can you go back and forth to your car in less than a couple of minutes>)

great guests

as backtomarvel said, W I D E O P E N aisles! So you can look through that box on the floor without getting your head knocked back and forth several times

If anyone needs a CGC Signature Series of something PM me today! I am leaving tomorrow morning!

I am only sorry I will be unable to attend the dinner set up...sounds like more fun than the drive home that eve ;(

Is Jerome Wenker an older gentleman with a slight hump to his back? If so, I check his stuff out closely at every convention where I see him. He's very nice and quite the gentleman!

Yup, that's him. He really knows his stuff too.

Bob

Con Report for Saturday:

Arrived late due to a problem with travel

was able to meet Terry Austin and Marshall Rogers, but no Steve Englehart. He was unable to make the show, which was not cool, but it happens.

Phil Hester had a table, was not promoted as being at the show and was at the Nashville Show the same weekend?!

Dan Jurgens did not show Sat. I was supposed to get a book signed for a friend and looked high and low for him to no avail...

Doug Mahnke could not make it Saturday, I think he made it on Sunday. I was able to talk to Tom Nyguen and bought a page from Batman issue #641 page #16 for a song and a dance. This is the page right after the big full page splash of the Red Hood revealing himself to be Jason Todd. The page I bought has just Jason and Batman at odds, and Jason telling Bruce that it was him not Clayface in the Hush storyline. Pretty cool and gorgeous to boot!

Bought a ton of .25 books including Miracleman #3, a bunch of DC Elseworlds books and some complete minis.

Spent most of the day sitting with my buddy, artist Sam Hiti, as the show was pretty relaxed.

Ended the day going to a warehouse sale across the street, loaded up to the gills, with action figures and cards. I bought 8 Lebron James McFarlane Sportspicks rookie figures for next to nothing.

Good show, but would have been better to have Hester, Englehart, Mahnke and Jurgens there, the day I was!