• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Complaining About Entertainers Behavior Thread

25 posts in this topic

I sat behind Mike Tyson on a plane once going into Las Vegas a while back. He was real nice until we hit crazy turbulence going over the mountains and he threw up everywhere. After the flight captain failed to apologize for the turbulence, Iron Mike wouldn't stop cursing and dropping F-bombs at the flight crew. True story.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

I had a steam with Justin Bieber at the Peninsula in Chicago a couple of years ago. It was quite pleasant conversation until my little brother showed up and the Biebs decided there were too many dudes in the Steam Room.

With a great role comes great responsibility, is how I see it. In this day and age, we kind of expect it from the main representatives of sports, entertainment, etc. LeBron James, being the kind of Chairman of the Board of the NBA, has to keep a squeaky clean image and he does. The superhero movie equivalent to that has always been Superman. I think you can now add Wonder Woman and Captain America to that list. Heroes which exemplify virtue. Again, nowadays, I think the actor has to exemplify in a way who that onscreen hero is. Nobody's perfect, obviously, but I think the actor has to come close, because who they are spills onto the image of the character they portray. Gal Gadot has done a great job of that. Chris Evans, though he's had a few hiccups, like the infamous private parts tweet, portrays himself as a really good guy who supports a lot of social causes. With Superman being at the top of the list, the George Washington of the Mount Rushmore of virtuous superheroes, I just think Henry Cavill fails from what I've read about the guy with simple Google searches.

I met Lee Majors when I was a kid, and having watched the Six Million Dollar Man I was afraid he would crush my hand when he went to shake it. He laughed, winked at my grandfather, then as he put his hand out to shake mine he said, "I've engaged safety mode!"

I'm outraged he didn't give me a chance to complain later he had permanently crushed my hand!

emotion01.gif.1708e5005e8d0af66da892fc6bd7edc5.gif

35 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I met Lee Majors when I was a kid, and having watched the Six Million Dollar Man I was afraid he would crush my hand when he went to shake it. He laughed, winked at my grandfather, then as he put his hand out to shake mine he said, "I've engaged safety mode!"

I'm outraged he didn't give me a chance to complain later he had permanently crushed my hand!

You sir, missed out on a lawsuit.

I was 18 years old and in the U.S. Army at the time.  I was flying back home for a visit and I had a lay-over in Charlotte, NC.   The airport was not busy as it was like 3 am or so. While walking to the gate of my next flight I saw "The Nature Boy" Rick Flair, he was waiting on his next flight as well.  I went up to him and said, "You're the Nature Boy!", and stuck out my hand for a handshake.  He replied with one of his signature "Woo!"s that boomed up and down the airport.  He shook my hand while saying, "Damn right I am!".

My hearing is still messed up 32 years later.  Damn that Nature Boy!

4 hours ago, media_junkie said:

I was 18 years old and in the U.S. Army at the time.  I was flying back home for a visit and I had a lay-over in Charlotte, NC.   The airport was not busy as it was like 3 am or so. While walking to the gate of my next flight I saw "The Nature Boy" Rick Flair, he was waiting on his next flight as well.  I went up to him and said, "You're the Nature Boy!", and stuck out my hand for a handshake.  He replied with one of his signature "Woo!"s that boomed up and down the airport.  He shook my hand while saying, "Damn right I am!".

My hearing is still messed up 32 years later.  Damn that Nature Boy!

That is a great story. Thanks for sharing.

15 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

LOL, I remember in the day I was in awe of Lee Majors, bionic man AND married to Farrah Fawcett-Majors!! This guy was IT.

I also remember as a 10 year old kid in the mid seventies, I got a "Dynamite" magazine that featured "The Six Million Dollar Man" and it had an interview with Lee Majors.... and he interviewed AS BEING the bionic man, and I distinctly remember him saying he had to tie his bionic arm around his torso when playing football with friends to make it fair. And so for a while, I was never really sure if Lee Majors really DID have a bionic arm!  Coolest guy on TV (equal to the Fonz of course).