• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay offensive material policy - Just the beginning of censorship, already happening? Whats the scoop?
3 3

631 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

When it comes to Andre and kids, I've never heard of anything else but something like this.  That's such a cool memory. 

I've been a very fortunate Jimmers at times for sure.

3 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

I had some of those tonight too,but Laclerc nrand out of Quebec.No actual maple syrup lollol 

I love dipping them in my tea or coffee.

Ohh, I tried it in tea... didn't like it.  But hot chocolate or coffee... I am down.  And btw, I don't usually drink coffee but if I am commuting and feel like drinking a cup on rare occasion, if the opportunity presents itself, Tims > Dunkin.  It's the only thing that makes the occasional layover at the Jamaica Queens bearable. 

12 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Ohh, I tried it in tea... didn't like it.  But hot chocolate or coffee... I am down.  And btw, I don't usually drink coffee but if I am commuting and feel like drinking a cup on rare occasion, if the opportunity presents itself, Tims > Dunkin.  It's the only thing that makes the occasional layover at the Jamaica Queens bearable. 

Maybe it's because I drink chai-goes well with the spices.

I like my coffee very sweet with a lot of milk(tea too,sometimes I'm a heathen and use strawberry milk it it).I started adding a dash of vanilla extract and now I can't stop!

There's a Tim's in Queens?My first coffee shop in middle school was a Dunkin but I think they're all closed now,in capital city at least.

Edited by porcupine48

On 3/3/2021 at 9:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't know too much about the Golden age

BUT Captain America and perhaps even the invaders are still allowed 

I thought last year they took out and banned the Captain Americas statue out of a game incase it offended anyone? Not even Cap's safe.

9 hours ago, jcjames said:

Imagine if the Dr. Seuss publishers had just... stopped publishing those books.

Without a press-release full of virtue-signalling.

What if they had just chosen to stop printing new copies of those books, probably nobody would ever know. Those books would probably quietly and organically just fade away from the collective consciousness of the world.

And there would be no pushback to the perceived "censorship" and associated feebay bans on listing these books for sale thereby driving up demand and interest in books that almost no one would ever miss if they had just... stopped publishing them, quietly.

Because the conversation is really not about "are those images racially insensitive?", but now it is "do we honestly support free speech and why is feebay and others suddenly and highly-selectively banning books now?"

And so now, those defending free-speech can quickly be framed as defending racist caricatures and can thus be maligned or denigrated or even they themselves be banned, censored or fired. And that is probably a part of the ongoing "agenda".

It will certainly have, at a minimum, an intentionally-chilling effect on those daring to defend free-speech in highly-public settings from the one-sided attack of today's culture-shapers, I think.

It’s a little more complicated than that...the SPLC made the declaration re: Dr. Seuss material. Then a school board in VA banned the books. From there, the media starts frothing at the mouth, as well as the Twitter keyboard warriors, now the publisher is forced to act. Add a dash of virtue signaling by eBay and you got the mess we’re in. If the SPLC targets comics next, don’t be surprised.

Edited by snitzer

9 hours ago, Prince Namor said:

Heck, Prince had a lot more suggestive stuff than that during most of the same time. Rick James too.

None of that bothered me then, and today's music topics don't bother me now. I always looked at songs like an art project. It's just the work of someone's imagination. Bob Marley didn't really shoot the Sheriff. Vicki Lawrence didn't really kill anyone the night the lights went out in Georgia. 

I may not like much of today's rap music, but I could care less what they're saying.

Heck, that’s nothing.  In the early 90’s Liz Phair was the hot new artist with her debut album ‘Exile in Guyville’.  If you have a minute go listen to the track ‘Flower’ off that critically acclaimed album.

9 hours ago, ttfitz said:

Could be, I would have read it in the 60s the first time. I could swear we have a copy of it, but I can't find it on the bookshelf with the rest of the Seuss.

Perhaps someone in your house was offended by it and removed it from the shelf...

The extent to which some of you are so bothered by 6 Dr. Seuss books (that nobody ever heard of in the first place, that THE PUBLISHER OF SAID MATERIAL decided to remove from print) is absolutely hilarious. Yes, please keep buying into the faux outrage that conservative media is so desperate for you to be offended by. 😂

1 minute ago, jr81784 said:

The extent to which some of you are so bothered by 6 Dr. Seuss books (that nobody ever heard of in the first place, that THE PUBLISHER OF SAID MATERIAL decided to remove from print) is absolutely hilarious. Yes, please keep buying into the faux outrage that conservative media is so desperate for you to be offended by. 😂

Please don’t typecast  it’s unbecoming of you. 

1 minute ago, jr81784 said:

Speak more clearly next time please, your vague generalities are unbecoming of you. 🙂

My friends often quote me for my response to my wife in front of them one particularly frustrating moment. “If I could only tell you what I’m thinking “. In this case start by thinking about when the Taliban blew up the ancient archaeological statues. I see similarities. Do you?  Have you seen that on “conservative media” because I don’t watch that. If you forget your past you will relive it. 

20 minutes ago, jr81784 said:

They were forced to discontinue publishing. The SPLC made the declaration and from there it was only a matter of time.

p.s. Where is this conservative media you speak of? :roflmao:

Edited by snitzer

41 minutes ago, snitzer said:

p.s. Where is this conservative media you speak of? :roflmao:

No kidding, I would guess that only 5% of the media could be considered as such an that is mostly radio