• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Movie or tv show you should watch at least once
3 3

951 posts in this topic

Lots of great movies.  

Didn't see anyone mention Chinatown which is one of the best movies of all time.  Someone must've said it and I just missed it, right?

How about Christopher Nolan's first movie, Following?   That's a really good one if you haven't see it.  

Also, I'd recommend everyone watch a movie (documentary) called Life Animated.  It's absolutely moving.  

On 3/6/2021 at 8:14 AM, bentbryan said:

I just watched this last night. It dropped on Hulu the last couple days and for an action flick I highly recommend it! Frank Grillo is freaking awesome with Naomi Watts and Mel Gibson as support cast. And I have to tag @1950's war comics for the cameo of Rob Gronkowski as the helicopter gunner (you can see him in the trailer). 

I just rewatched this Joe Carnahan film for a second time. So dang good. And a really good soundtrack to complement the action.

Frank Grillo would have made a great Punisher.

On 1/3/2024 at 5:28 PM, Bosco685 said:

Mindhunter, with the BTK teaser at the end of the season should absolutely return! I can't believe they let that show fall by the wayside. Amazing performances in the whole show.

It's a long haul, but I always stump for '24'. The show was crazy stress-inducing and it was killing off important people on TV shows way before it got cool with GoT. It's such a fun watch, and kind of incredible that every single episode ends with a cliffhanger.

I always tell people to watch Star Wars at least once. Even if they don't like sci-fi or fantasy. Just so they are aware of any references that appear, well, anywhere. It has such an enormous cultural imprint. 

'The Queen's Gambit' tv series. Still holds up well 3 years after initial Netflix release. A retelling of the mental chess war btwn Boris Spassky (Russian Federation) and Bobby Fischer (USA) with a damaged Harmon (Anya Taylor-Joy) in a great lead role performance. Don't need to know how to play chess to enjoy season 1 with it's 1960s USA and French music, fashion.