• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I expect my cards back in 5 years?
2 2

146 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

Those "select few" the minor amount of people who only pay to get expensive cards graded to flip which won't last forever. A majority of people who invest into businesses don't like lies/deception. Has nothing to do with emotion. It just has to do if I was told repeatedly at Target or Walmart that it was gonna be 30 days estimated 55 65 75 77 81 111 and it kept going up I'd never shop with them again. It is business 101.

Whenever the turnaround times increase I just automatically consider my order grandfathered into the new turnarounds. The way I see it, would you want a grader to take the proper time to give you the most accurate grade/market value? or do you just want it rushed w/ mistakes?

I am just as concerned about the turnaround times as you are and asked about the workforce increase/adding of physical space and got this response from the community "The processes involved in grading aren't easily scalable. If it were, there would be new entrants into the marketplace doing it better/faster. All the grading companies are watching mail trucks dump millions of cards in their warehouse, knowing there's just no way they can get to it quick enough."

Also, keep in mind Target and Walmart can't even keep up with the demand for Pokemon Product. (empty shelves 24/7 at least for me)
We're all in the same boat.

Full Article Here:

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/8919/ccg-new-building/?utm_source=The Mx Group&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=21-CCG-0705&mkt_tok=NjY2LUtGWi04MjIAAAF7nlcMkHbIh5Wa_opt_vNCu3pb1NhLcgFYSinxkqIIscacq6jMzovu3aRuddhy3ymY81VVv5-mbUfEoTJ9-ZRqHbjV5xzCcVgZoQsTIsxL

781161820_TheCertifiedCollectiblesGroupExpandsSarasotaFootprintto82000SquareFeetNGC.thumb.png.8493f7598ae2cf6cd7e6d95050e437db.png

Finally back from cgc suspension lol. But I still agree with shining and I know u all do also but don't wanna say it. We all came here for their supposive amazing lightning fast service. They pay alot of youtubers to shout them out and now they got all the business and can't deliver so yes we are mad about it because if they knew they would get so much more service they should've already had the correct amount of ppl hired to service what they bragged about. And thats super fast time for low price

The amount of white knighting to defend tripling estimates along side increased prices is interesting, CGC's appeal was that they weren't like the others. That appeal has now faded and their actions reflect those of their grading peers. You get inconvenienced while they've already collected your funds based on an entirely different premise without any compensation. Offer vouchers to those inconvenienced or prove its not all about the $$$ by suspending express services opposed to pushing the orders that have been there for 3+months further back. Hell my bulk cards have been there so long wouldn't be surprised to get emails about getting up-charged to economy because the values have gone up that much over that time.

2 hours ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

Not sure where you're going with that.

They probably do, but you'd be surprised some of the things that consumer laws have let people sue over.

I’m asking for a reference to that specific consumer law

3 hours ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

I'm just going to ignore you because they should of muted you by now. I'm sure there is laws about this by now. Actual, legalities or I assume so.

You’re sure there are laws about this, but haven’t actually done the research nor provided said laws in order to support your claim. 

But they’re there. For sure. 

Sir. LOL. 

39 minutes ago, Keith Frantz said:

The amount of white knighting to defend tripling estimates along side increased prices is interesting, CGC's appeal was that they weren't like the others. That appeal has now faded and their actions reflect those of their grading peers. You get inconvenienced while they've already collected your funds based on an entirely different premise without any compensation. Offer vouchers to those inconvenienced or prove its not all about the $$$ by suspending express services opposed to pushing the orders that have been there for 3+months further back. Hell my bulk cards have been there so long wouldn't be surprised to get emails about getting up-charged to economy because the values have gone up that much over that time.

I thought of that also. Back 4 months ago my cards I sent in wasn't all that valuable, but now there's cards in that order that has skyrocketed in price. How will they justify saying hey we gotta charge u a extra 8 per card because value went up, sorry smh

12 minutes ago, C2N0 said:

You’re sure there are laws about this, but haven’t actually done the research nor provided said laws in order to support your claim. 

Sir. LOL. 

There's laws in place to prevent scamming.  Aka (False Advertising). Misleading consumers. Manipulation of Terms. ETC

Edited by ShiningCollectibles

3 minutes ago, ShiningCollectibles said:

There's laws in place to prevent scamming.  Aka (False Advertising). Misleading consumers. ETC

Estimates don’t count as false advertisements. LMAO. They even go as far as stating “Turnaround times are approximate and not guaranteed.”

If they had said “guaranteed” then maybe your argument would actually hold water. 

If you want to take another route and go after the word “approximate” go right ahead, but it still doesn’t change the fact it’s tied to “not guaranteed”.

11 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

I thought of that also. Back 4 months ago my cards I sent in wasn't all that valuable, but now there's cards in that order that has skyrocketed in price. How will they justify saying hey we gotta charge u a extra 8 per card because value went up, sorry smh

I would ask customer service about this tbh. I assume/hope the pricing would be what they quoted you on the invoice/packaging slip.

U know thats clear wrong don't matter what u can use, many places put small print to scam u and say well read everything, jus cause I say this the small print says otherwise. When comcast tells u someone will be at ur house at 11am-8pm and they get there at 11pm. U will be mad because u waited all day stuck to their time frame. So u stayed home waiting. Are u happy or will u be mad 

57 minutes ago, Sp33dy said:

U know thats clear wrong don't matter what u can use, many places put small print to scam u and say well read everything, jus cause I say this the small print says otherwise. When comcast tells u someone will be at ur house at 11am-8pm and they get there at 11pm. U will be mad because u waited all day stuck to their time frame. So u stayed home waiting. Are u happy or will u be mad 

It’s sucks. I’m not denying it’s a bad situation to just be stuck in, but at this point what can you do. Every grading company is swamped. You chose to send your cards in at the lowest tier possible, alongside thousands of other individuals at the same time, to a new grading service that could only had so much capacity. They got so swamped with orders they had to buy a new building and hire new staff just to try and catch up and that’s still being worked out. Everybody is tied up. Unless orders magically stop it’s not going to be resolved for a while. 

You can say you feel you’ve been wronged. That’s fine. I understand that perfectly. But this is a situation that is so far beyond our control.

Edited by C2N0
Unnecessarily heated. Excusing myself from conversation.

17 hours ago, C2N0 said:

We’re paying a premium for knowledge and expertise most people don’t have, so even if they hire newbies they still need to train them on what to look for. CGC 10s are notoriously hard to get, so if untrained graders start flooding the market with 10s by being lenient then the value of everyone’s collection goes down. 

Once again its not rocket science. Hell a machine should be able to do it by now...oh wait there is and its with a company called HGA. Cgc 10s hard to get for cards? Seems like they havent been in the game long enough to make that conclusion or for anyone to pay a premium for a cgc 10 over a bgs 10 for that matter.

3 hours ago, C2N0 said:

Sir. LOL. 

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/mail-internet-or-telephone-order

Like I said earlier I don't know about one as Im not a lawyer, nor do I know laws regarding business. There's an example of the one as it applies to goods. Once more, it's not unreasonable to assume there's one for services as well.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat

7 minutes ago, Yeahiwasder4dat said:

I'm not sure this qualifies as 'merchandise', but if you throw a big enough stink to them through proper channels I imagine they'd go find your parcel and mail it back to you. 

16 minutes ago, Ron Churches said:

I'm not sure this qualifies as 'merchandise', but if you throw a big enough stink to them through proper channels I imagine they'd go find your parcel and mail it back to you. 

Not a route I'd go down. I'm just playing devils advocate here. Financially it probably wouldn't even make sense for someone to do it. 

Getting tired of seeing people blasted for feeling like they got shafted as much as reading about their shafting. Somehow every thread this week has turned into everyone ripping on each other for what they think. This particular line of thought came about because people kept telling him it's an estimate and he's wrong. He very well could be, but he may not be as well. Personally I don't have any skin in the game as it's not something I'm trying to do or interested in spending hours researching but if people want to mess on the guy for what he thinks doesn't necessarily mean they're right either.

Edited by Yeahiwasder4dat