• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping

9 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, carter3175 said:

I just went through my CGC Submission Tracking and was wondering why I haven't heard my doorbell ring to get my packages and now I know that C. Coronavirus has been signing for all of my shipments from CGC. What a pal he is!!!!!!!

Wow! Thats funny...but that sucks! I never understood signing for something if they dont check who really signed.

I talked to our mailperson yesterday, and she said that USPS is no longer demanding that packages need to be signed by the person for which it is intended.

I asked why, and she said nobody (USPS or customer) wants to touch the thingamajig which you use to actually sign your name.

My postal carrier used to just verify I was me and hand it to me without signing (as mentioned before, due to "nobody wanting to touch the thingie"), but now they leave a note at my house stating I need to pick up my package at the post office.  The last time I picked up, I told they guy at the desk that I used to just have my package handed to me, and the desk guy said that's a "no-no" and if records show up that it was delivered with no signature, that generates a "red flag" (presumably seen by the Postmaster General).