• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edgar Church copy of ASM annual #7!

15 posts in this topic

Chalk another one for the quality assurance team.  Yeah, I saw that it was no longer a pedigree in the system - I'm sure someone brought it up to their attention at some point.  But it is out there in the wild with a Church pedigree label and being sold on ebay at the moment.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174398817701?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5336908832&toolid=10001&customid=21479X795624X3f3ef6a7ada95e5a28ff4a304a85f876

The seller isn't harping on the Church pedigree, but he is posting it as a pedigree book.

It's mistakes like this that make the Dylans of the world come out.

3 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Let's not forget that the Mile High II collection, even if it was a pedigree, has absolutely nothing to do with Edgar Church or his collection. Zero. Zilch. Nada. CGC's mistake is two fold.

I have my doubts that it would have originally been MH2 because of the grade.  Most of the MH2 were high grade since it was a warehouse find.

Is it possible the grader meant to select either Don Rosa or Don/Maggie Thompson and carelessly chose Edgar Church instead?

I'm assuming the grader software has a drop-down box for selecting pedigree that is ordered alphabetically.

6 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Let's not forget that the Mile High II collection, even if it was a pedigree, has absolutely nothing to do with Edgar Church or his collection. Zero. Zilch. Nada. CGC's mistake is two fold.

...or the Denver pedigree. Actually, or the Aurora...also a suburb of Denver. So many collections from that area (dry, mild climate).