• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 Years…

33 posts in this topic

To the "old school" forumites that have faded away…

On that note, I just realized Scottish hasn't posted since March. 893whatthe.gif

Ah, them were the days, bugging Scottish about buying another MVS-less Hulk 181 at nosebleed prices... cloud9.gif

HI BB!

Congratulations on your 3 year mark! Hope you are doing well.

Sorry I have not kept in touch with you. Been busy with work, real estate, and visiting various conventions. Just been reading some of the stuff on the board and the stuff on Ewert is blowing my mind. I still collect CGC stuff, but after reading the board (still reading the THREAD THAT WOULD'NT DIE; only on page 10), I'm thinking of getting out of silver and bronze age CGC and sticking to CGC items from the modern age.

PM me whenever you want. Would like to get back in touch with you.

Hey Charles,

Thanks… I'll PM you my cell #. Lets chat soon.

I'm disturbed by the Ewert Fiasco as well, but we have to let this play out. Its important for us as a community to come down hard on anyone that jeapordizes the integrity of the hobby and peace of mind that CGC has afforded many of us. The value of some of our High Grades will drop short term I'm sure but removing him from circulation will also reduce the amount (some artifical) of HG books being brought to market. His books likely do not comprise the vast majority of anyone's collection… also as bad as it may be (like we find 10-15 more trimmed books) its still a VERY small percentage of the overall HG CGC books in circulation. However, I do understand and relate to your point of view too. Its hard not to feel a bit discouraged by this all.

Talk soon

HI BB!

Congratulations on your 3 year mark! Hope you are doing well.

Sorry I have not kept in touch with you. Been busy with work, real estate, and visiting various conventions. Just been reading some of the stuff on the board and the stuff on Ewert is blowing my mind. I still collect CGC stuff, but after reading the board (still reading the THREAD THAT WOULD'NT DIE; only on page 10), I'm thinking of getting out of silver and bronze age CGC and sticking to CGC items from the modern age.

PM me whenever you want. Would like to get back in touch with you.

Hey Bruce just saw this and I have to say congrats on 3 years and thanks. Over the 2 plus I have been around I have definitely enjoyed a lot of your commentary, especially on BA keys. I know that I look at books like Hero For Hire #1 and others with new respect due to the discussions and nuances that you have brought out in the HG BA market.

Cheers to one of the class acts on the CGC Boards. thumbsup2.gif

- Jason