• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN voiced by Jensen Ackles (TBD)

15 posts in this topic

'Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One' Sets Voice Cast (Exclusive)

A time-honored Batman tale is coming to the screen with the animated Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One. Supernatural's Jensen Ackles leads the cast as Batman/Bruce Wayne after previously voicing Jason Todd/Red Hood in 2010's Batman: Under the Red Hood.

Among the ensemble voice cast is Naya Rivera, the late Glee star who died in July. Rivera completed her voice work as Catwoman/Selina Kyle for The Long Halloween, which will be a two-part project, with Part One expected to bow this spring or summer.

Other stars include Josh Duhamel as Harvey Dent, Billy Burke as James Gordon, Titus Welliver as Carmine Falcone, David Dastmalchian as Calendar Man, Troy Baker as Joker, Amy Landecker as Barbara Gordon, Julie Nathanson as Gilda Dent, Jack Quaid as Alberto, Fred Tatasciore as Solomon Grundy and Alastair Duncan as Alfred. Other voice work was performed by Frances Callier, Greg Chun, Gary Leroi Gray and Jim Pirri.

Chris Palmer, known for Superman: Man of Tomorrow, is directing from a -script that reteams him with Man of Tomorrow screenwriter Tim Sheridan. Jim Krieg and Kimberly S. Moreau are producing.  Butch Lukic is the supervising producer, with Michael Uslan and Sam Register serving as executive producers.

The Long Halloween, from writer Jeph Loeb and artist Tim Sale, ran for 13 issues from 1996-97. It told the tale of a Batman early in his career and a Gotham plagued by a killer, known as Holiday, who struck once a month. The influential story, particularly its use of Harvey Dent/Two-Face, went on to help inform The Dark Knight filmmaker Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy and is rumored to have some influence on Matt Reeves' upcoming The Batman, starring Robert Pattinson.

Watched it last night. While way better than the last several Batman animated movies, it was kinda boring. 

If I remember correctly, it follows the comic pretty well.

The voice cast was good, except for Jensen Ackles. This really surprised me because I love him on Supernatural. His performance was too stoic, to the point of being wooden as Bruce Wayne, and his Batman sounded like an impression, more than making the character his own.

It's worth seeing, but you may find yourself checking you watch.

I had a fun time watching this one. It is a Year Two Bruce Wayne learning the values of being a detective crime fighter versus heavy muscle.

And the character mix is really interesting. Including who he meets with in the end leading into Part 2.

:ohnoez:

watched part I....eh was ok. I agree it was not the most exciting. Hoping part II will be better. Voices again were just ok. Joker was not to my liking but have been spoiled with MH. I thought JD did a good job as Harvey.