• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comics Elite cancelling books from a preorder?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am new to ordering books online and I had placed a preorder with Comics Elite on 2-7-21 for books with ship dates of 3-3 and 3-24. When my order shipped on 3-29, I received an email notification of a partial refund for multiple copies of three different Deadpool Nerdy 30 books which had the 3-3 release date. Is this common? Any thoughts on Comics Elite? I am now hesitant to preorder books from them thinking it may happen again. 

Thanks,

Ron

Comics are typically solicited to retailers 3mos in advance ... So while you got your order in before the ship date, you were well after the final order cut off, and thus copies of the book were allocated. 

Edited by oldmilwaukee6er

Not surprising from CE.  Happened to me which is why I won't use them for preorders anymore.  Placed preorders way in advance and when it came time to ship, they canceled/refunded some books due to being out of stock  Isn't that the whole idea of preordering so you won't run out?  If you want to pre-order, go elsewhere (Midtown, Unknown, Golden Apple, MM Comics to name a few)