• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Harley Yee's New-In-Stock. GA, SA, BA!

65 posts in this topic

Sal,

That's all super advice. Your point about segmenting titles is a very important one. As I remember back to our early days I'm sure we went with the current layout because we didn't have that many comics. If our golden age section only had thee pages and our Avengers list was two pages, it looked better that way than having someone click on Avengers 1-50 and find one comic.

Now it's a completely different story. We have hundreds of each Marvel title starting from the single digits on each, etc. Our GA will probably be at 60 pages by the end of the year, etc.

It's time for some major changes and for us to break the logjam with our programmer and his proprietary cart that frustrates us on so many levels.

Our browsing experience needs to get a lot better. I do feel that for people who want specific books or titles our sites are the fastest anywhere with the fewest clicks required to get there. With the one exception of big titles where you get to the title faster, but might then be slowed by having to confront a few pages.

As an aside, the reason we avoided the "grid" system like MH and LS where every issue has its own row and stock scan was because we didn't have the books or the manpower to get the scans. However, we now have the books and could work on the scans. I'm really leaning towards something more like that for the title search results and then have the browsing by genre, etc. segmented by alphabet. As you say, we definitely need to segment the titles by groupings of 25 or 50 issues because it's just gotten too big.

Your posts are definitely print-out and keep ones.

Marc

I totally understand why you don't have stock scans. It is a pain and a bore. I am only up to around 14000 and that took about a year. Unfortunately I feel it is something that needs to be done. Take for instance just plain modern Captain America's for $1. I didn't have a scan on any of them and they sat unsold for around 8 months. Put the scans up and sold nearly half of them in 2 days.

It is a bear of a load but I might be able to offer a suggestion. Because you don't have a lot of pictures that means load times are faster. You could increase the item display from your current 23 to around 75-100 which would allow users to browse more.

Put the scans up and sold nearly half of them in 2 days.

It's amazing how that works, isn't it?

You did the 14,000 inhouse? That is incredible (congrats!) and as you say, a real bore.

Marc

Hell no, I just stole them from comics.org

A small picture serves just the same.

Put the scans up and sold nearly half of them in 2 days.

It's amazing how that works, isn't it?

You did the 14,000 inhouse? That is incredible (congrats!) and as you say, a real bore.

Marc

Hell no, I just stole them from comics.org

A small picture serves just the same.

Good thinking, but you might not want to broadcast it so loud!!! foreheadslap.gif