• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bulk now 144 Days

11 posts in this topic

Totally ok with Bulk being 150-200+ days. With the pricing/customer service CGC provides; they can take their time. 1500+ cards current out with them and I'm excited to get them back in early 2022.

So we knew a ton of stuff was gonna get shifted to CGC from the PSA shutdown, but maybe it's not as bad as everyone thought? Gotta keep in mind CGC only grades Magic and Pokemon currently. PSA is (was) accepting all types of sports cards, Yugioh, Dragon Ball Super, Naruto, Marvel, and a ton of other stuff CGC simply doesn't have to worry about. My hope is since CGC is only focused on two TCGs that it makes it easier for them to expand and scale compared to companies that grade all types of cards.

Either way I'm here for the long run. Been buying CGC comics for years and I hope to do the same with cards. Real curious to see what happens in the next month or so as far as TATs are concerned. 

46 minutes ago, Oreos said:

Totally ok with Bulk being 150-200+ days. With the pricing/customer service CGC provides; they can take their time. 1500+ cards current out with them and I'm excited to get them back in early 2022.

You should be totally excited for them to store your cards for you, and they're basically insured there now, all for free, for probably the next year.  Very clever.

144 business days / 20 business days per month (average) would take about 7 months .... if submit now, they would be back around late Jan or mid Feb of 2022 with the current opening backlog GIVEN that CGC doesn't raise TAT again...

Edited by Tan MYWZWKJH

11 minutes ago, Holku said:

You should be totally excited for them to store your cards for you, and they're basically insured there now, all for free, for probably the next year.  Very clever.

Gets my wife off my back! Haha

1 hour ago, Tan MYWZWKJH said:

144 business days / 20 business days per month (average) would take about 7 months .... if submit now, they would be back around late Jan or mid Feb of 2022 with the current opening backlog GIVEN that CGC doesn't raise TAT again...

Im 99% sure these turnaround times are based on where they are currently for Bulk, which is early/mid December.

Those of us that have already paid for services when Bulk TATs were 30 days (but now I’m looking at 7 months+) can attest to this. You cannot make any TAT assumptions based on the date orders being sent in, because the TATs are a snapshot in time to where they currently are in the backlog — there’s a “lag”, if you will. 

By the time they get to the Bulk being sent in today, TATs might be 2 years and I am not joking. Buckle in.

Edited by PokemanDude90

1 hour ago, C1one said:

If my order was postmarked the 24th of march does mine fall under the 111 days or am I .. About to be disappointed.

It'll be more than 111 at the current rate. My last bulk is in grading and it was marked received second week of December.

7 hours ago, C1one said:

If my order was postmarked the 24th of march does mine fall under the 111 days or am I .. About to be disappointed.

U are gonna see at least 4 increases. My order was recieved in December and its still on recieved. I've seen 5 increases so its safe to say u will see alot of tweaks to the tat. I say returns in March won't be back until January or further