• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Thor 126
2 2

17 posts in this topic

Hi folks, I found another copy of Thor #126 in one of my comic book stashes. Cover and pages are all attached to both staples, all pages are there, no missing pieces from inside pages. There is just a small rectangular piece missing (3/8 inch wide and 6/8 inch long) on the back cover, at the spine area (see the last 2 photos). Thanks for all your grading opinions!

20210330_190909 - Copy.jpg

3rd - Copy.jpg

20210330_191020 - Copy.jpg

20210330_191109 - Copy.jpg

last - Copy.jpg

Edited by phineas_horton
Better description

1 hour ago, MPH1964 said:

Agreed, but would grade higher if not for the missing piece...

well, that's what grading is all about essentially. All the pieces need to be right if you want a specific grade.  It's why I gave the grade I did.  If someone scribbled a mustache on Thor, you aren't supposed to say- "jeez" a 9.2 except for the moustache. , if he'd only done a goatee."

Graders are sort of "Gotcha" People sometimes.

1 hour ago, Galen130 said:

:facepalm:

lol

1BA9BCEC-03E5-4BDE-ADF3-D165A3D02E12.gif

1 hour ago, Glassman10 said:

well, that's what grading is all about essentially. All the pieces need to be right if you want a specific grade.  It's why I gave the grade I did.  If someone scribbled a mustache on Thor, you aren't supposed to say- "jeez" a 9.2 except for the moustache. , if he'd only done a goatee."

Graders are sort of "Gotcha" People sometimes.

It sounded good when I wrote it and was totally not meant as a gotcha. Ultimately, what I meant to say is that this book would grade much higher if the spine was still intact.  Apologize for the missing qualifier...

1 hour ago, MPH1964 said:

It sounded good when I wrote it and was totally not meant as a gotcha. Ultimately, what I meant to say is that this book would grade much higher if the spine was still intact.  Apologize for the missing qualifier...

No worries.  Just having fun with it.  Everyone makes a Freudian slip every now and then.  I do it every 5 minutes...lol

16F55215-C626-4FBF-9ED8-15CDB056495B.jpeg

Edited by Galen130

1 hour ago, Funnybooks said:

Disagree...

would grade lower if not for the complete wraps :slapfight:

please don't send your goblin after me

Hang on I’m ordering some new emojis...

Sharks circling the blood in the water emoji 

Sasquatch sized foot in the mouth emoji

Dogpile on Captain Obvious emoji (Thanks, @Galen130)

Look on the bright side, it’s not the dumbest thing I ever said... but it’s close. emoji

Any others?  I’m trying to get free shipping...

7 hours ago, MPH1964 said:

Hang on I’m ordering some new emojis...

Sharks circling the blood in the water emoji 

Sasquatch sized foot in the mouth emoji

Dogpile on Captain Obvious emoji (Thanks, @Galen130)

Look on the bright side, it’s not the dumbest thing I ever said... but it’s close. emoji

Any others?  I’m trying to get free shipping...

Master of disguise emoji?

6896ac9a1ef2b354461ad12f3ba37eb8--smiley-emoji-its-funny.jpg